really struggling today. anyone else out there?

Options
I missed my swim this morning. just plain talked myself out of it. it was my weigh day and I was up two pounds (my food sucked this week). I am thinking I will try to leave work early and see if I can make myself swim this afternoon - but I am already talking myself out of that. I hate working out after work. just venting.

Replies

• paw247Pat
    paw247Pat Posts: 30
    Options
    Did the same thing today. Talked myself out of going to the gym. I'm in wk 5 now and having some crazy cravings, I want some chocolate and some good old salty chips!!! Grrrr. It will pass though, don't beat yourself up over today, go home after work and talk a walk eat a healthy dinner and relax. Maybe you just need to do that for today.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I'm totally talking myself out of a visit to the gym tonight, despite the fact that I really need it! LOL! I just have a nasty headache that won't quit no matter what I take for it. Not even sure I can drive home from school!

Some days are just that way. Maybe you just need a break? I probably could use one...
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of respect for people who can work long, long days and then go out and workout hard. For me, working out before work isn't an option and working out after is painful. Haha.

But I keep plodding along.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling lately after doing well for a long time!! It happens we just have to find a reminder of why we want to do this!
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My arms are shredded and I have an eye infection. Just going to do 3 separate 20 minute workouts to avoid any more damage. :laugh:
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I make out l have a personal trainer in my head and it keeps yelling at me to keep going and you can do it, do not give up. So l have two voices in my head one saying l have had it and the another saying you can do it. As there are days l just do not have the time or am too sore to do it. But l make myself do it and say look how far you have came..
  • Calipalm
    Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Me!!! Me! I'm struggling!!!
    I've managed to lose 28lbs so far, which to me is amazing and a miracle!
    I never thought my body was capable of losing weight!
    But as of the last month I've been pretty much maintaining
    because I've steered off and have gone back to my bad eating habits before I joined MFP.

Everyday this week I've had to make silent vows and remind myself why I want to do this. I try to focus on positive words like, believe and cherish, strength and beauty. I have come this far and I will reach my goal weight. Sometimes it's not about saying, okay never again will I eat this or do that, for me it's about a daily reminder or even the moment, to lean on the bit of strength you have and keep going from that.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    It's not a "linear" journey--you have ups and downs. Sometimes the best workout you do is no workout at all. If you are mentally and physically drained, I would just take the day off and relax. A couple of extra pounds is not a big deal. Don't punish yourself because you don't feel motivated for a day.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Same here. I visited my mother for a few days, and as always happens, binged badly over the 48 odd hours, and came back almost 3Ibs heavier. Tonnes of chocolate and biscuits, on top of meals out. Feel pretty awful for being such a pig and losing all control, and we are talking big binges, not some silly 500 calorie splurge. I was going to go on my exercise bike on getting home this afternoon, but after several nights of not much sleep, I just couldn't bring myself to do it, and had a long shower instead.

I am hoping to do plenty of activity tomorrow instead, and start back afresh now I am back home, since today was pretty bad as well anyway.
  • tammyclair
    Options
    thank you everyone. i was able to get my swim in after work. it was really tough. it felt like i was swimming in mud. burned more calories than i ever have with my HRM. but i am so glad i rallyed. now i am going to have some dinner and go to bed and watch fringe. i couldn't have done it with my best friend and personal cheer leader and MFP bloggers. thank you!!
  • kimiebee
    kimiebee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Me too Me too....We have been on holidays since Easter and I am finding it very difficult to get back on to my weight loss journey....not really breaking all the eating rules ;) but not tracking as much as I should and have not done any exercising in over a week....and I am tooo scared to get on the scales to see what damage I have done :( !!
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I totally felt this way about my usual run yesterday - so I used the elliptical instead. Maybe mix it up on those days...just a nice long walk in the sunshine is better than nothing and may perk you up. :-)