I know this has nothing to do with weight loss but...

Options
apierce2010
apierce2010 Posts: 78 Member
I'm planning on painting some rooms in my house this weekend and I was wonder what brand everyone thought was the best and why?!?!?!?

Replies

• DonnaDtr
    DonnaDtr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    BEHR is the absolute best paint.....it's thick, covers very well, the colors are true....well worth the money, and buy a good roller and paint brush!
  • jrbourdon
    jrbourdon Posts: 29
    Options
    True...BEHR is the only one to use. We just painted our rental house and it covered in one coat with no problems. Spend the extra for quality!!!
  • LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    BEHR is the absolute best paint.....it's thick, covers very well, the colors are true....well worth the money, and buy a good roller and paint brush!

Consumer's Report rated BEHR (Home Depot) great...
    What colors are you going with?

Happy Painting....:smile:
  • apierce2010
    Options
    Thanks!!! Several people at work told me Behr was great!!! But just wanted to get some more opinions. Don't mind spending a little extra cause i don't wanna have to paint anymore for as long as i live there lol
  • apierce2010
    Options
    Well we have 2 rooms we're going to paint and we have a lot of wood paneling in our house and we're doing laminate (looks like hardwood floors) flooring after we get done painting so we decided on an antique white. I don't want just plain white but the lighter color with the wood paneling really made it look brighter in there well the little paint swatch i had sticking on the wall for a week seemed brighter. Never painted in my life so this should be interesting...:laugh:
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Valspar Signature at Lowe's is a great paint (paint/primer in one).

They also have a "Love Your Color" guarantee, so if you don't love it, you can get reimbursed for the paint.
  • hjohns65
    hjohns65 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    take your time edging especially with the tape! advice coming from a recent 1st time home buyer, and 1st time ever painting in my life! i splotched several times on the ceiling with the roller, than bought off white ceiling paing to 'fix' my mistakes, and it looks even worse i think, several "bright" white spots on my ceiling instead of the colors LOL!!! don't rush through it and GOOD LUCK to you! :)
  • apierce2010
    Options
    The hubby wanted flat paint but i don't really care for that so i thing we're going for satin. one room is my kitchen so i want something that will wipe down easily!!!
  • apierce2010
    Options
    Thanks!!! Yes my hubby is going to paint the ceilings and then when they dry a little i'm going to start primering and then paint. I'm just gonna take my time and i don't wanna get to close to the ceiling with the roller so i got a little brush to do my trim work with!! Hope it turns out good cause this has been a long time coming on our house!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    That's funny my friend used Behr and hated it, she had to put on like 4 coats.

I used Benjamin Moore when I moved into my house, it was lovely.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I got the dulux where you pick your own shade and have them mix it. Little pricy by looks stunning. (I got cadbury purple) x
  • apierce2010
    Options
    That's funny my friend used Behr and hated it, she had to put on like 4 coats.

I used Benjamin Moore when I moved into my house, it was lovely.

That may be cause their's different grades of Behr (i only know cause i just googled it...lol) They said the top of the line one covers good in one or two coats but the ones that are a little cheaper you tend to have to use more coats.
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    KILZ® Primer Paint is the very best...vibrant colors & the cost is good too
  • apierce2010
    Options
    Thanks!!! Anyone have any preferences on satin or semi gloss? I don't want flat and it's going to be in my kitchen and living room and i've been leaning towards satin.