How many calories in a Big Mac??

Options
pannellkat
pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
I'm on a roll just remembering crazy things I've encountered lately - so check this out.

There is a McDonalds in the same parking lot as my gym so after a late workout, I will not lie, I go thru the drive thru and get a medium hot coffee with some equal and cream (it is my weakness) sorry.

Anyway about two weeks ago the person in front of me in the drive through had the nerve to ask the person taking the order whats the difference in calories between a Big Mac and a Double Cheeseburger!!! I wanted to put my car in reverse and then ram into the back of his truck! lol

The order taker said he wasn't sure and the guy went even further to say, can you find out because I'm not sure which one to get.

Now.... am I being mean and insensitive to think this is the most ridiculous question I have ever heard?? Or shoud I appreciate the fact that the calorie count was going to affect his decision?? lol...I swear I see and hear the craziest things!

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha this cracked me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    IMO If the guy is smart enough to ask the question, he should be smart enough to research it before hand or go inside.
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Oh that would so hack me off. All what above said, plus, if that guyis that worried about his calories he shouldn't order any of the burgersat all but rather one of the salads! What a muppet. Very funny story indeed :laugh:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I almost spewed coffee on the keyboard on that one!@! Honestly, I would have shouted out "It really doesn't make a difference, they'll both make you fat!!"

LOL too funny.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I would have replied
    Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a seseme seed bun.
    or
    two all beef patties mustard onion pickles on a non seseme seed bun

" hmmmmmmmmmmm the difference is the special sauce sir!"

:laugh: :laugh:
  • jchudon
    jchudon Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow, we do live in different countrys after all!

Here, all the nutritionnal informations for everything they have (even ketchup packet) is printed on the back of every paper that they put on the trays to keep them clean. In addition, there is a big board with the informations avaiable next to the counter where you order your stuff.

Don't laugh at this guy. The burger don't make you fat. If he had the remaining calories to eat one, there is no problems with that! You could live on pure lard and still lose weight!

Wow, it makes me proud to be a canadian :)
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Oh that would so hack me off. All what above said, plus, if that guyis that worried about his calories he shouldn't order any of the burgersat all but rather one of the salads! What a muppet. Very funny story indeed :laugh:

The salads at McDonald's are terrible for you, don't kid yourself. Chicken selects are potentially one of the most unhealthy foods at McDonalds, even the grilled ones - the ones they use in their salads.

About the only healthy salad they really have is their fruit and nut salad. Even then the fruit is covered in all kinds of preservatives - and for the same 2 dollars you could just buy an apple, a small bunch of grapes, a packet of nuts, and some yogurt and not get all of the gross crap.
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, it is true. Here in Canada it's on all the sheets they serve with the trays and everything. It's kind of ridiculous. I can sort of see why the guy may have been asking, if he was in particular doing calorie counting.

And yes, salads at fast food restaurants are terrrrrrrrible for you. I remember my hairdresser once telling me that one of those salads from Wendy's had like 1000 calories and a wickedly terrible amount of fat in it. I was pretty shocked. Don't kid yourself; just because it has the appearance of healthy greens, doesn't make it good. Haha. NOTHING at these places is really good for you.

But of course, that doesn't mean people can't enjoy it every once in a while. :-)
  • pannellkat
    Options
    Wow, we do live in different countrys after all!

Here, all the nutritionnal informations for everything they have (even ketchup packet) is printed on the back of every paper that they put on the trays to keep them clean. In addition, there is a big board with the informations avaiable next to the counter where you order your stuff.

Don't laugh at this guy. The burger don't make you fat. If he had the remaining calories to eat one, there is no problems with that! You could live on pure lard and still lose weight!

Wow, it makes me proud to be a canadian :)

So are you saying that if I had a 1500 calorie allowance a day...and decided I will go with Big Macs and Double Cheeseburgers every single day...I will not get fat???? Wow!!!! Life is GREAT!!!!
    But living on the pure lard idea everyday and still losing weight sounds even BETTER!!! I think I will try and test that theory to see what happens.
  • pannellkat
    Options
    Ah yes, it is true. Here in Canada it's on all the sheets they serve with the trays and everything. It's kind of ridiculous. I can sort of see why the guy may have been asking, if he was in particular doing calorie counting.

And yes, salads at fast food restaurants are terrrrrrrrible for you. I remember my hairdresser once telling me that one of those salads from Wendy's had like 1000 calories and a wickedly terrible amount of fat in it. I was pretty shocked. Don't kid yourself; just because it has the appearance of healthy greens, doesn't make it good. Haha. NOTHING at these places is really good for you.

But of course, that doesn't mean people can't enjoy it every once in a while. :-)

I think if someone is seriously into calorie counting...they should NOT be ordering burgers at a fast food drive through.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Thats seems a little insane to me
    Maybe one is 1000 cals and the other 1500??
    :noway:
    I think if u are trying to loose you should almost avoid fast food all together, no?
    or am I crazy?
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Since the info is out there, I went and looked it up at McDonalds.com website, as I had looked up my breakfast total that I was eating quite often before MFP.

Big Mac is 540 calories (260 calories from fat)
    Double cheeseburger is 440 calories. (210 calories from fat)

If you decide to do the combo.

Large Coke - 500 calories. (86gms of sugar)
    Large French Fry 500 calories (220 calories from fat)

So if he was getting a burger and diet coke or water, and tossed 1/2 the bun.
    He would indeed be alot better than ordering the combo with coke.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Here in the states, McDonalds prints the nutritionals on the wrappers/boxes that the food comes in. They also have flyers in each store with the information printed on it. This person should have at least walked into the restaurant and checked out the info for himself. Or checked on-line before he went there. It is so easy to get the info you need from fast food restaurants now, there really is no excuse to try to get some poor kid working the drive through to do your leg work for you!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Kudos to him for asking that question!!!!

We all have to start somewhere....and who am I to judge someone else's eating habits - especially since mine were so poor as well.

That's kind of like looking at an overweight person eating lunch and asking them "are you sure you should be eating that?"
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Kudos to him for asking that question!!!!

We all have to start somewhere....and who am I to judge someone else's eating habits - especially since mine were so poor as well.

That's kind of like looking at an overweight person eating lunch and asking them "are you sure you should be eating that?"

I would agree, except the drive through is not the place to ask the question. The drive through is for people in a hurry, not to chat about nutritionals. At least get out of the car and walk your hiney into the store! Other than that - I concur. :flowerforyou:
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options

The salads at McDonald's are terrible for you, don't kid yourself. Chicken selects are potentially one of the most unhealthy foods at McDonalds, even the grilled ones - the ones they use in their salads.

About the only healthy salad they really have is their fruit and nut salad. Even then the fruit is covered in all kinds of preservatives - and for the same 2 dollars you could just buy an apple, a small bunch of grapes, a packet of nuts, and some yogurt and not get all of the gross crap.

Hm, well here in the UK they are not unhealthy, especially if you are vegetarian like me and dont eat the chicken ones anyway...
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I almost spewed coffee on the keyboard on that one!@! Honestly, I would have shouted out "It really doesn't make a difference, they'll both make you fat!!"

LOL too funny.

LMAO thats what i would say