Let's talk about Vitamins in a bottle...

Options
2»

Replies

• WendyKing1974
    WendyKing1974 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I take Advocare MNS C. My husband takes Advocare Coreplex.
  • KLaurean
    KLaurean Posts: 112
    Options
    I take Shaklee Vita-Lea Woman and then Feverfew and Fish oil (for migraines).. I don't know if the vitamin works/makes a difference for me (My mom gets a lot more energy taking hers but only this brand not others) but the Feverfew and Fish Oil help TREMENDOUSLY with my migraines! They are much less frequent, don't last as long and are milder.. we'll see about the vitamins!

I love you for this! I suffer from severe migraines and the E.R. is my second home. I will definitely have to give it a try.
    Thanks!
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, B complex, vitamin D, Calcium with D, a DHA supplement (instead of fish oil because I'm vegan), and Evening Primrose Oil (I'm trying to get rid of acne from going off of birth control). They're pretty much all generics from various places, mostly Whole Foods
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm taking Jamieson Wild Salmon Fish Oil Complex, Life Brand Multivitamin & Life Brand Vitamin D

My doctor told me to take them so I do but since taking them almost every day for 2 months (I had them before but didn't take them often) I can tell that my hair is growing thicker and more healthy (I had hair thinning due to low thyroid), also my skin is more healthy and as the other person said about their nails mine are not brittle anymore either.

I also drink enriched vanilla rice milk (Rice Dream) with added iron, zinc and other minerals.
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Bump as I have been anemic forever!
  • LEW1957
    LEW1957 Posts: 2
    Options
    My Doctor recommended a muti vitamin and calcium citrate. He said any "complete" vitamin would do and not to spend extra for the name brands. The calcium citrate is to prevent bone loss. Neither have cause any digestive problems and I am loosing weight faster since I started taking them so - they may serve a purpose!
  • Brianabomb
    Brianabomb Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE SHOULD ADD Vitamin D-3!!!! Specially if you live in the northern states. I take 6000 units a day!!!! Low Vitamin D, increases chances of cancer.
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    So agree about the D3!! I take that, calcium, fish oil, a joint supp, and Buried Treasure VM-100 liquid multi vit/mineral. That one gives me a good bit of energy and has everything... Love it!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I take a One-A-Day Active Metabolism. Don't think it really helps with my metabolism but it does give me a GOOD energy boost throughout the day. It has B vitamins and about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee in it which is good for that.

I also just think I am probably missing a lot of key nutrients on my diet. It is difficult to eat a large variety of food (more importantly fruits and veggies) everyday when you are on a college student budget.

If you decide on a regular multivitamin like this one, MAKE SURE, you take it on a FULL stomach. You definitely learn your lesson the first time you don't do that and puke up your breakfast.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I take oh boy...

A prenatal (no not pregnant they have other benefits)
    B12
    biotin
    macasure

I'm forgetting something.....
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    LOL...I'm vitamin girl!
    I take a Multi vitamin, a multi mineral, Omega 3 fish oil, A potent B- complex, vitamin D3, Biotin, Chewable Vitamin C, CLA, probiotics, and CoQ10. I also get a b12 shot every few weeks prescribed by my doc. And this is a pared down regimen. I truly believe in vitamins, especially on a restricted calorie diet. I think everyone should take a vitamin/mineral supplement, fish oil and probiotics. The others I take for specific reasons of my own, including being tested for deficiencies. I really like the NOW brand of vitamins. I also like Shaklee but can't afford them right now.
    I can tell you that after a few months of getting my vitamin D and B12 levels back to normal my energy has never been better and has stayed great for the last two years :) And how do I say this..... I was a textbook definition of "fatigue", sleeping in excess of 14 hours sometimes :frown:
    So yes, they can help you in the energy department, especially if you have an insufficiency, but it does take a few months of daily consumption I think to notice the difference.
  • blueye17
    blueye17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am taking Protandium, and Raspberry Ketones. I have found a boost in energy and and noticing a difference in my hormone balance. I have to take bioindentical hormones due to having had a hysterconomy 11 years ago. the protandium is helping me at a cellular level and the raspberry ketones is a natural fat burner and both have given me a TON of energy. I also take B12 injection 3 times a week.
  • dwiebe85
    dwiebe85 Posts: 123
    Options
    bump