uk chip shop chips

Options
Simplicity
Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
ok so on sunday i had had a great weekend. i know i always splurge a little before its back to the hard work but does anyone have any idea how many calories/dfat/protien/carbs are in chip shops chips. i reckon i had about 500 grams of them and a sausage (most likely deep fried). i mean i had been good all week but yesterday and today i was up three pounds so now im thinking never again ha ha.

i haven't been to the chippy in literally months but i felt like it and to be fair is was worth it lol.
x

Replies

• Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    ok so im dumb i just read that it is already in myfitnesspal lo. is there anything they won't think of lol.
    thanks anyways
    just got to find the deep fried sausage now ha ha
  • freckleston
    freckleston Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    you wont want to know about the sausage! i dont know the info but I bet it is shocking! I understand what you mean though, I live round the corner from a chippie and they smell gorgeous..

If its any consolation I ate a load of Asda deli indian takeaway on sunday too! .. (and somebody had already put the info onto myfitnesspal food log so it was easy to work out the damage!)

I bet it will be a few weeks before you have a chippy again but glad you enjoyed it !
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I always wondered how many calories in the chippy chips and could not find it onmyfitness pal.Now I got it.I dont know about the calories in the sausage though.I had them last friday so no chips anytime soon again.Sorry cant help jst rambling lol
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    theres about 900cal in a portion of chip shop chips,
    was the MFP one actual chippy chips, or the frozen chips called 'chip shop chips'?
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I had some on Saturday too....!

Found these links:

http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/generic/battered-sausage-and-chips

http://www.fastfoodnation.co.uk/whats-good-bad-about-fish-chip-shops.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/life-style/dieting/2008/07/03/your-healthy-guide-to-takeaway-food-115875-20629920/

I think what I ate was probably about 750 - 850 cals (ish). Within my calories for the day, but the sodium and fat (ugh).

Erika
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    thank god I dont eat them anymore. Took me ages but I dont even miss them now. :noway:
  • ninaellis
    ninaellis Posts: 60
    Options
    Oh how I miss them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :sad: :tongue:

If I had a portion that would probably be my daily intake in one hit!!!!!:laugh:
    Lots of salt & vinegar & eat them from the paper!!!!:devil:
    Ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now I'm fantasizing about chips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: Gotta go!!!! :laugh:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it! Nothing in the world compares to chip shop Scotch eggs :)