low carb recipe website

Options
for all of you looking for some low cal low carb recipes - check out www.genaw.com/lowcarb - this site was sent to me by a member and it is fantastic - has full menu plans and pages of recipes - she has even listed 20 carb a day menus - lots of variety and even a shopping list - great site!!!!

Replies

• anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    Thanks - I was looking for something like this as I am almost always over on my carbs:tongue:
  • Casi
    Casi Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks this will really help me. I have been on a low carb diet before, but was told that i could not stay on it very long due to the fact that I would eventually end up hurting my liver. I would not allow myself over 20 carbs a day and I ate high in protein.

No, I was not on the atkins diet. People said that I was, but I know nothing at all about atkins. I was doing it the way I saw fit.

I really like the fact that you shared this url with us. Againl, thank you so very much !:smile:
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    excellent site :) I'm going to throw some of these recipes into my mix right away :)
  • darman
    darman Posts: 269
    Options
    Casi,

I have been told that a low carb diet will not hurt your liver. It just processes fat stores for energy instead of carbs.

There are a lot of good articles about this on the web.
  • darman
    Options
    yeah they really are quite good - if you are also on a low cal diet you do have to watch that as some of them have some pretty high cal counts
  • darman
    Options
    yep this is by far the best one i have found for carb counting - and the food is actually very good