Laughing Cow Spaghetti recipe

Options

Replies

• juuniper77
    juuniper77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I made this tonight, used asparagus instead of mushrooms because I am not a fungus fan. was yummy! I think it would be good with some of the other flavors of laughing cow, too. thanks for posting!
  • mollyquewl
    Options
    Bump
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I posted this picture on the meals thread, and I have had SO many emails and comments on how to make it. Instead of writing this out 20-30 times, I just thought I would post a thread. This is the meal:

CIMG0157-1.jpg

And THIS is the recipe:

Please keep in mind that everything in the pan is on this plate. This recipe serves ONE, so adjust the recipe as necessary:

-42.5 grams of uncooked wholegrain spaghetti (according to my box, it was half the serving on the back--a half serving makes plenty!)--for calorie purposes, I used catelli omega 3 flax for this particular recipe
    -2 cups chopped broccoli
    -1 1/2 cups baby spinach
    -2 wedges light laughing cow cheese
    -1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
    -1/2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (I used the kraft kind in the green container)
    -1/4 cup milk
    -1 clove garlic, minced
    -2 tsps canola oil
    -2 small mushrooms, diced

While the pasta is cooking in a pot, take a pan, and add the canola oil. Saute the broccoli, and cook until it becomes as tender as you like. Stir in the galic and mushrooms for just a minute or so before adding ALL of the dairy ingredients. Keep stirring to ensure the laughing cow is melting and being mixed through. Then toss in the spinach and wait for it to wilt some. Once the sauce is ready, toss the pasta in and mix again. Then enjoy!

The entire plate with the ingredients I used above came to 444 calories, 28 grams of protein, and 10 grams of fibre.

Fat and carb count?
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Fat and carb count?

Since the fat and carbs are almost entirely going to be coming from the cheese and pasta, it is going to depend on the brands you use. Since we often use different brands on east coast Canada, it is unlikely we'll be using exactly the same things and my count may not be accurate for you. Different brands often have different counts, and I will have to go calculate everything by hand to find out which I wouldn't mind doing if they were to work out to the exact same, but they likely won't.

The carbs for this come almost solely from the pasta, so you can find the carb count by checking out whichever pasta you'd be using. The fat came almost solely from the cheeses. I used light laughing cow, low fat cottage cheese, and regular parmesan.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I made this tonight, used asparagus instead of mushrooms because I am not a fungus fan. was yummy! I think it would be good with some of the other flavors of laughing cow, too. thanks for posting!

I would love to try some of the different flavours of laughing cow! Unfortunately here, they only sell two flavours (regular, regular-light, and herbs and garlic)--I never realized how many more actually exist out there! I would like to try the french onion one if I see it when I am in the States next week.
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump to try later
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Ooo... Scrumptious. Bump for later! I may try with spaghetti squash when it's in season. :)
  • shyandemily
    shyandemily Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to try this. Thank you.
  • MontagneGitane
    MontagneGitane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This looks so good. Thanks!!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Holy Laughing Cow, that looks divine!!! Thanks for recipe and calorie count!:drinker:
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yummm thank you!!
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Thanks!
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Ooo... Scrumptious. Bump for later! I may try with spaghetti squash when it's in season. :)

YESSS!
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Looks yummmmy, I'm hungry now
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    just made this for lunch today, definitely VERY filling! I used the queso fresco & chipotle laughing cow cheese and it was very good!
    im excited to try other flavor of laughing cow for next time!

thanks for the awesome recipe! :)
  • georgedarling
    georgedarling Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump... I want to make this tonight. Thank You!
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    Bump
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump and Yum!