ftfy
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    "He/She hatin on me"
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I have never heard someone describe another human being as "chill"
    I must live under a rock

I do however want to smack people who say "upposed to " IT'S SUPOSSED!!! SSSSSSSSSSSSS THERE IS A MOTHER EFFING S AT THE BEGINNING OF THAT WORD

Heard a 50ish year old woman one day say "it's asspossta to"
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    When people use says instead of said. "She says to me..." um, no. She did not says anything. She said it.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Well, I hate it when people use the word "Like"/ "you know" every other word.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    props. I give you "props"... just don't love it.
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    ed on the end of words when it doesn't belong!!! I.E..... I growed up there, it blowed up, he throwed up...etc. Talk about bat s#i+ insane!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    FTW ....I am not so annoyed with it (I see it alot on MFP :flowerforyou: ) But I think it is overused and people say "FTW" when clearly something they said/do isn't even close to winning.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Jelly

This... :grumble:

Hate that so much.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    here's the one that gets me:

you ask: "what's up?" or "what's on your mind?"

and you get the instant reply: "nothing" followed by whatever actually is up, or on their mind. Why do they throw that "nothing" out there first!?!?!?!

Also can't stand "anyways"

ANYWAYS is not a word!!! The word is freaking anyway.

rant over.

Wrong.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anyways

I'm not wrong that dictionary is taking a "if you can't beat them, join them approach" That's actually sad.

Anyway, go back to fulfilling yourself by bringing others down. :wink:
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    "He/She hatin on me"

But what if he is hatin on me? What am I supposed to say?
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    FTW ....I am not so annoyed with it (I see it alot on MFP :flowerforyou: ) But I think it is overused and people say "FTW" when clearly something they said/do isn't even close to winning.

You're GORGEOUS by the way!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member

Wow.. I always thought that meant *kitten* the world.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    I hate when people use the Charlie Sheen coined phrase/word "Winning!" after a sentence to explain how apparently awesome they think they are like:

"I'm a reasonably decent actor with a fat bank account, but I've chased two wives and five children away with out-of-control partying, drug use and violence that's laughable for someone my age. WINNING!"
  • lukeout007

Wow.. I always thought that meant *kitten* the world.

At a job I worked at there was a board where people across the US could talk to each other...we had a conversation one day about what ftfy meant because nobody knew except the one person who used it all the time.

My favorite suggestion for ftfy was "fine then f*** you"
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member

and you get the instant reply: "nothing" followed by whatever actually is up, or on their mind. Why do they throw that "nothing" out there first!?!?!?!

rant over.

Wrong.

I'm not wrong that dictionary is taking a "if you can't beat them, join them approach" That's actually sad.

Who did I bring down? I'm just refuting a statement or two I see as completely bogus. Also, if the dictionary lists it, it's technically a word.
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    I HATE it when people say " umm" after every other word. !! Drives me crazy !
  • I get extremely annoyed when I hear "cool story,bro" Kids these days are so annoying.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    I was chill before it was so mainstream.

But I am not a hipster, what I am doesn't have a name yet.
  • lukeout007

rant over.

Wrong.

Who did I bring down? I'm just refuting a statement or two I see as completely bogus. Also, if the dictionary lists it, it's technically a word.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I know you will) but aren't you the guy who posted a dictionary link for the word Jelly earlier in the other thread?

You're not so chill...I think you need a chill pill. True story. *14 people on this board just had a heart attack*