Eggs and cholesterol

Options
I have read here that dietary cholesterol has little or no impact on blood serum cholesterol. It made me feel ok about eating whole eggs in the morning as that is one of the things that keeps me full until the afternoon. Just got results from my physical and my cholesterol levels are awesome!! I am very happily surprised. I expected them to be a bit better than last time (last time was unusually high for me) but they're better than the last 6 years. I had my first ever cholesterol check 6 yrs ago and this time the result was better than that. I was 15lb lighter back then. This is all thanks to exercising and making better food choices through out the day, for the last 5 months. While the scale has been frustrating me, my body is thanking me!! It feels good to know change is happening *somewhere*.
So happy I read about eating whole eggs otherwise I'd still be throwing away the best part!! Eat those yolks..they're yummy and good for you!

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    It's so funny how LITTLE cholesterol in our food impacts our blood levels. It's mostly genetic! Congrats to you! That's awesome news.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the great bloodwork!
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Amen!! Congrats on your cholesterol levels, and yes! Praise the egg! Whole eggs actually raise your 'good' cholesterol :smile: