Stretch marks and Mommy belly

Options
My son is 18 months old. I have lost 30 lbs from my pre-prego weight, but need to lose about 20 more. My question is, what is good to lose the mommy belly? Also is there anything that people have used that effectively reduces stretch marks?

Replies

• jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I heard cocoa butter helps with stretch marks.
  • CChadd87
    CChadd87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ical50
    ical50 Posts: 61
    Options
    I am interested to see the replies to this topic! My son is 15 months. I have lost 30lbs as well, but would like to lose an additional 30-35. More so, I just want to lose inches and tone! The number is not as important to me if I look good! I definitely need to lose the "mom belly"!
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    There is no magic lotion that will take care of stretch marks. If you could buy such a lotion or cream, then it wouldn't cost $5 at the store KWIM?
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Dry skin brushing helped me tighten my skin back up after having my son. Yerba Buena makes a very good brush - easy to find online or at health food stores. Lightly brush the skin on your belly upwards (towards your heart), once or twice a day.

It won't completely take away the stretch marks, but it will help them smooth out, and it's wonderful for tightening up that post-pregnancy skin overhang (what I used to call "the smile" - you mamas know what I mean!
  • GumballMachine
    Options
    Stretch marks will fade with time. They'll never go completely away obviously, but they will fade. If you want to speed up the process, I have heard Bio Oil helps reduce their obviousness a bit. It's not cheap though. Cocoa butter is only supposed to help prevent them (it doesn't really, but that's what people hope it'll do; the only things that can possibly prevent them are staying well hydrated and/or having some good genetics), it won't help them to fade away any faster.
  • Chrissy9632
    Options
    I have been using the Defining Gel from It Works. It helps tighten the skin and I have noticed fading in the post pregnancy stretch marks. Its pretty pricey though and I would not have gotten except it was part of a kit I ordered.
  • shaleigh07
    Options
    I used a vitamin E skin care cream (fruit if the earth) after I had my first baby & it really helped! It didn't completely get rid of them but they are lighter, smoother & much less noticable! It's amazing!

Also, remember cardio burns fat & strength training tones and tightens. I'm doing come classic ab workouts as well as pilates to try and tone up. Good luck!
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Sinope82
    Sinope82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Bump