New and Loving it

Options
I found this site after my wife got on my case for my eating habits. This is a great tool to curb your caloric intake I have been doing this for 4 days and lost 7 pounds, and am only 8 ponds from my goal!!!!

Replies

• ktenniso11
    ktenniso11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I found this site after my wife got on my case for my eating habits. This is a great tool to curb your caloric intake I have been doing this for 4 days and lost 7 pounds, and am only 8 ponds from my goal!!!!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Ok wow.....lucky you and WOOHOO great job!

dd
  • ktenniso11
    Options
    Yeha I am sure the first few were just water weight. But I have always been blessed with really fast metabolism; but I am sure the next 8 will take about a month or so. I will probably gain weight some days.
  • zenmama
    Options
    Well I hope I have some more water weight LOL and I will take 10lbs in that thank you :wink:

So do you exercise? I am assuming that is you golfing?

dd
  • ktenniso11
    Options
    I exercise a little bit everyday....than practice golf. (I also wait tables at night 3-4 nights a week) combine that with playing sometimes; I am on my feet a lot which probably helps. Eating is my problem I cna eat BIG TIME!
  • zenmama
    Options
    I think we all can! Or I know I can...teehee.

Well welcome and best of luck. :happy:

dd
  • bookworm
    Options
    Dude, I would never get on my husband's case like your wife...his protruding belly is a very sensitive issue around here. :happy:
  • Madamn
    Madamn Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm new to this too-doing it now for about 3 days. I love seeing how many calories and fat I consume. It's funny bcz I dont exceed my fat gram goal but I've exceeded my sugar goal everyday! Not by a lot, but still... Maybe now that I know what my problem is, I can work on it. Today I'm so hungry (happens once a month to every woman :grumble: ) and I just want to eat & eat. I don't eat bad food...but empty carbs will hurt me. I'm glad it's available as an app on my droid. I enter the foods within a few minutes of consumption. Good luck everyone!
  • tigerbloodgirl
    Options
    I've been on this site for only two weeks and already lost 6 lbs. The calorie counting really helps me fully understand what I'm putting into my body. It has helped me to make better choices in what I eat every day. I love this site!!!
  • jaljames
    Options
    how do you know what to eat
  • Debrab57
    Debrab57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just found this free app for my new iPad. I am looking for help and encouragement to become healthier. I have a bad back and if I could lose some weight I think it will help some. Any suggestions on foods and exercises. Simple foods not a cook. Thanks.
  • lynny1967
    Options
    wow well done you guys! hopefully i will be writing my weightloss on here soon :smile: .. keep up the good work
  • Cpochron
    Options
    What are some of the things that you eat? I'm bad with healthy dinner ideas
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    That's great! I just started using this site yesterday, and so far it seems amazing!! Congrats on losing those 7 pounds!
  • misfixit1
    misfixit1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just found this app on my iPad 2 days ago. I have been eating healthy and excerising daily since October 2011 and I have currently lost 45 pounds. I have though hit a Plato so I am hoping that if I record everything I do I can see where I need to adjust so the weight can start falling off once again. So far I really like this app. It's easy to follow and most of the foods I eat are listed. The ones that aren't listed. I know the calorie count by heart.
  • misfixit1
    Options
    This is to reply to debra I would like to say welcome to a new you. I would start off walking. It's low impact and it would be easier for your back. Start off slow maybe going around your block and add to it a little bit each day as you get stronger. Dropping 10 to 15 pounds will probably make your back feel a lot better. As for food. I follow the food prymid. I eat the rainbow. I include all colors of the rainbow throughout the day. It has really seem to work for me. Natural food is best. Limit processed foods and of course refine carbs. ( cakes. Cookies. Etc). Another hidden gem. Is safflower oil. You can buy it at any grocery store where you find cooking oil. It has no taste and it's high in antitoxiants it also aids in weight loss by Erving up your brown fat and your metabolism. I suggest you research it for all the benefits. I use it for anything I would use olive oil for including salad dressing. I hope this information helps and good luck.
  • Luckyturbo
    Options
    This is all new to me. Just learned of this site today at. Work. Where can I find the app? I am nerves as never really had to diet until now. It has caught up with me.
  • misfixit1
    Options
    how do you know what to eat
    . I eat the food pryamid. I follow the guidelines and I eat the rainbow. I include Food that has the same colors of the rainbow everyday. It really works and gives me variety. I'm never bored with my diet. I also eat anything I want but I eat it in moderation and am very portion controlled. That way I am never feeling deprived and I never feel like I'm missing out on something.
  • misfixit1
    Options
    I found the app on my iPad.
  • misfixit1
    Options
    This is all new to me. Just learned of this site today at. Work. Where can I find the app? I am nerves as never really had to diet until now. It has caught up with me.
    I found it on my iPad under fitness apps