Starting Anew

Options
Hew everyone.... my name is Celeste... I have a 3 year old daughter and a 16 month year old daughter and as much as I love them to death, they left me with lots of weight to still lose!!

I tried getting back into it a few months back and was really proud of my progress, I was actually fitting into my old clothes again... then evferyone I was going to the gym with got lazy and we stopped going. I stayed active playing indoor field hockey and indoor soccer once a week but then I hurt my knee and had another set back into not working out.

I made a deal with my mom to meet at the gym this morning before work and was really proud of both of us, that we did our workout already!!

I of course was starving after the workout. Now Im close to my daily calorie count.... what should I do...

Before I went to the gym I had my Special K, worked out, then had my protein shake.
Had 2 cups of coffee (which I just remembered i didnt add)
and a Egg and cheese tortilla wrap.

Thanks for hearing me out, and best of luck to all!!

Replies

• dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Did you add your workout so that your calorie count increase to reflect this? Myself, I can't eat before my morning work outs as I get acid reflux then. Just drink lots of water to help you feel more full, In order to lose weight you must be in a calorie deficit that's why I like this site,
  • jfilon
    jfilon Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi, Celeste! I'm pretty new here too. But I have to say good for you on getting that workout done early! It is such a great way to start off the day. Keep it up - you're doing great.

As far as the calories are concerned, I have just a couple of suggestions. Now, the current issue is what to do about today since you're near the max. Try having a mixed greens salad with a light dressing for lunch (it'll give you those veggies you need for the day) and maybe some soup or even a veggie burger (not for everyone, but they are high in protein and not a whole lot of calories) with a bowl of fresh fruit for dessert. Mmmmtasty.

In the future, you can always make some minor tweaks to avoid the calorie-crisis. If your protein shake is the culprit here, try a lighter variety. I use Muscle Milk Light (no sugar added, only 100 calories, and 15g of protein) after my workouts. They come in individual servings so I can just throw them in my bag before heading off to work. Plus, they taste just like chocolate milk. If you are using 2% milk in your cereal, you can always opt for 1% or fat free. I'm a sucker for those breakfast burritos too! But what I've noticed is that the tortilla is often 200-300 extra calories that I don't necessarily want. If possible, have some scrambled eggs with a dash of salt and pepper and a slice of toast. It feels MUCH more like a meal, and is a few hundred calories less than the alternative!

Hope that helps - sorry if that was more than what you were looking for! :tongue:
  • sarinaghai
    Options
    Hi I'm Sarina and new to this! trying to lose that extra weight that I have put on need to get really focused to lose the weight by August as I have a wedding to attend
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: