Last night...

Options
I made my own homemade Almond Butter in my magic bullet!! It was so delicious and not hard to do at all!

Replies

• naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I made my own homemade Almond Butter in my magic bullet!! It was so delicious and not hard to do at all!

I make mine in my food processor. You should try cashew butter....YUMMY
  • jjohnson0882
    Options
    I've got a food processor at home. How would you make either of those, they sound really good. :love:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    For a batch, I put 2 cups of cashews in my processor (I use unsalted and add my own if I choose) and grind them up pretty fine (I kind of like mine a little crunchy). While the processor is running, I add canola oil (you can use others but that was all I had and I liked it so I keep using it) until it is at the consistency you want ( I usually use no more than 2 Tablespoons, usually less). I put it in a container in the fridge overnight before I eat it (just a preference). I have these little portion cups with lids I got from Gordon's and I measure out 2 Tbls for each. That way I can just grab one for my lunch with celery or to put on a whole wheat bagel or whatever. There is really not much difference in calories doing it yourself but there are also no preservatives or additives and I like the fact that I can use as much salt and/or oil as I want.

HomeMade - Cashew Nut Butter, 2 Tbs 220 calories, 10 carbs, 19 fat, 6 protein, 1 fiber, 2 sugar
  • jjohnson0882
    Options
    That sounds really good (and easy!!), I'll have to try it soon. Thanks!! :flowerforyou: