I just don't get it???

Options
I have lost 33 pounds so far. I feel better, my clothes fit better, and I feel like I am smaller. But....I went to measure last night and according to the numbers I have not lost any inches. How can that be?? :mad: Oh well, I will keep at it.

Thanks to all of you for being a great support system. This is the first time I have been able to loose weight the healthy way. :drinker:

Replies

• punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I remember when i was losing weight that the weight would come off first then the inches. It will come. Just keep going,your doing great!:flowerforyou:

congrats on your weightloss so far!!:drinker:
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    Im seeing inches come off but no pounds!:mad:

I understand!:ohwell:
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I think Banks did a post about this. If you're losing pounds and not inches, it could be that you're losing visceral fat, which is that fat deposited around your organs. The dangerous fat. So it's really a good thing! But if you really want to see the inches come off, drink lots of water and exercise like a crazy person :happy:

I had this same experience last go round. I've also heard (don't know if it's true) that sometimes your body will actually fill those emptying fat cells with water, and wait to see if you will put the fat back. That's where the water drinking comes in. You need to flush it out.

You're doing great, keep it up! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Im seeing inches come off but no pounds!:mad:

I understand!:ohwell:

Yeah, that is where I am too.....I have lost several inches and only 2 lbs...:explode:
  • BigAnn
    BigAnn Posts: 38
    Options
    I've lost about 7 inches from my waist and about 4 from my chest but nothing on my hips. It doesn't make any sense.

:noway:
  • lmdavis804
    lmdavis804 Posts: 81
    Options
    thanks all-I feel better now