Inner ankle and knee pain?

Options
Since I started working out and jogging, I have developed sore knees. I went out and got better shoes, but still not much relief. Now this past week my inner ankles feel achey as well! What the heck. Am I just getting old? LOL I stretch, take joint supplements and try to go low-impact, but I just can't help myself when I get going on my workout to give it my best effort and jump!
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Replies

• SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You could be over pronating when you run. You said that you just bought new shoes which is very important but if you have the wrong kind it may not be doing you any favors. Go to a shoe store where they look at your feet and the way you walk/run. You may need a more stiff shoe that has more support on the medial part of your foot. Over pronating also can have an affect on the knee as well. Give it a try. Watch yourself walk...do you see the inside of your ankle get most of the weight?
  • xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I had an over use injury not too long ago. I had changed my shoes but it kept getting worse. I was training every day for at least an hour so that may have been why...but if it continues to go on see a doctor for it.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Someone already beat me to it but it sounds like you're over pronating, I do it too unfortunately, so you need to make sure those new shoes you got are right for your feet and give you the proper support to prevent injury!
  • trysha1231
    trysha1231 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I went today and got checked and a new pair of Brooks shoes. I can tell the difference in the support already. And yes you were all right, I am over pronating! :)