HI! New Here :)

Options
HI!

I'm pretty new to this site and still figuring out how it works. Look forward to doing more on here as I figure it out and "meet" more people. I'm in my mid 40's married for almost 22yrs, mom of 3 kids 12, 9, and 6yrs of age and I'm currently a graduate student.

I've been working on getting healthy since last fall and have lost a total of about 16lbs since October; 12 or so since the end of January. So it's slow going for me. I work out hard most weeks and if I don't I can't lose at all. Losing weight during Menopause is Hard! I gained all of my weight after having a hysterectomy, and it took me about 4yrs to pack it on, so I guess I shouldn't expect to lose it all in 4 weeks or 4 months even. Hoping to reach my goal by fall.

Thanks!

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    So pleased to meet you! Welcome and I hope your fitness journey is excellent! Sending you a friend request. Remember to look in the mirror once a day and tell "you" that you love "you" and that u r worth your best! You will do great!
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You'll like it here. Everyone has been so supportive and that really helps a lot. Lots of good ideas too. I've been here a couple weeks and so glad I found it. I'll send you pal request.
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There are lots of gret supportive people here on MFP. Feel free to add me as a friend.

cheers,
    Matt
  • ncpryor
    ncpryor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also new! welcome! so far I love the site and it seems very helpful
  • IseLedon
    IseLedon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So pleased to meet you! Welcome and I hope your fitness journey is excellent! Sending you a friend request. Remember to look in the mirror once a day and tell "you" that you love "you" and that u r worth your best! You will do great!

This is a nice piece of advise..
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    welcome to MFP!! good luck in your journey. this is a great place to meet new people that are so supportive and helpful.
    if you're lookin for friends, feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • mispotatohead
    mispotatohead Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I converted from Weight Watchers to MFP this week and so far I've found this to be a great tool. Good luck with your journey and feel free to add me.
  • jerrbear67
    jerrbear67 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello, Also a newbie. I've also converted from Weight Watchers to MFP this week. Love the forums, soo much great information on here. Still need to figure out how to post a pic.
  • banc97
    banc97 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm Newbie Nikki,

Blessed wife, mother of 6, a mimi to 1, sister, daughter, granddaughter. My husband needed a low fat/high protein diet so his Dr. recommended this app and I've been tracking my food intake since our annual exams last week. So far so good! I have never had weight problems but over 47 yrs and four of six kids I have found 34 extra pounds. I do not have a sweet tooth per say but I do like the salty demons like chips, crackers, pretzels, etc. I look forward to meeting new dieting friends and staying healthy. Feel free to add me as your friend for encouragement, inspiration, and praise!

Stay blessed \o/
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    hi,welcome!! I'm sort of a newbie too... I started on MFP in January but was just using the tools and just started looking at forum's today. There looks to be so much support from so many people on this site. I'm looking for help with motivation so just starting to requesting for friends 'cause everyone needs support- sending you a friend request :)