Experienced my first real endorphin rush today... :)

Options
53 minutes into my workout, heart pounding in my chest, sweat pouring out of me, feeling that tingle in my muscles..... Tears welled up in my eyes as I realized "man this feels good!" and I thought about how only 6 weeks ago I was a total couch potato. I actually got goosebumps.

For those of you struggling with the motivation to exercise because it's a struggle to work out, please just keep going. Add 5 minutes a day to whatever it is you're doing, go up a level, or add a couple of pounds. It DOES get easier and you will feel amazing every time you get past a former limit!
I no longer distract myself with magazines or the tv when I work out, i like focusing on how my body feels. I use music to help me keep a good pace and then I just go.

6 weeks ago I could not keep up a good pace for a solid 20 minutes. It took me 45 minutes to complete a half hour workout because I had to rest after 15 minutes of constant movement. My heart rate would shoot up to 170 and i thought i was going to pass out! In 6 weeks my heart rate has improved, I can actually keep it at 170 now for short bursts and not feel lightheaded at all, and now after 15 minutes I get a boost and I am powered up to finish the rest of my workout. My average heart rate for the same workout has dropped almost ten points. Some days I only do a half hour, most days that I do cardio I do 60 minutes. And now that I'm in better shape, I'm adding strength training.

Pushing past my limits a little each day makes me feel better and better and motivates me to do more. Everything in my life is improving due to working out. This is my new life :)

Replies

• ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Bumping to remind myself!
  • arenad
    arenad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I am still having to push myself. No rushes for me yet. Lol
  • badbcatha05
    badbcatha05 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I thought I had experienced that runner's high, rush or whatever you want to call it many times before. Not until recently did I get to the point where I ran as hard as I could that like you, tears were coming out of my eyes... something just pushed me over the edge and it was amazing!

Keep pushing!
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options

Welcome to one of the greatest drugs available - exercise endorphins!!!! The release is great for stress, your mood, your brain, your body, etc...

And best of all - it's free. ;-)
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options

Welcome to one of the greatest drugs available - exercise endorphins!!!! The release is great for stress, your mood, your brain, your body, etc...

And best of all - it's free. ;-)

So true!
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    it's a great feeling I know it well. =) enjoy it.