Good brand for a scale?

Options
Hey all! The scale my family has now has been in the basement for at least 3 years now and I have no idea how actually reliable it is. (One time I picked it up and put it somewhere else and wound up getting a 2-pound off reading than before it got moved around, so... lol.) It's functional, but right now I've got some extra cash and kind of want to buy a nicer one for my room. Do any of you guys know of good brands? Are there scales that give you a body fat percentage reading as well as weight?

I'm not trying to break the bank but I also don't want a cheap one either. Thanks for any help you can give!

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Eatsmart makes great scales. Very accurate and not at all expensive. I got mine on Amazon.
  • sbcass
    sbcass Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have an EatSmart scale as well. It's just a basic scale..no body fat percentage, no water weight, etc.
  • jerrbear67
    jerrbear67 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a Tanita scale. A little expensive but very accurate. Does weigh, bodyfat/bodywater %
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Im in Australia and 2 days ago I bought myself a brand new scale. Its a weight watchers one, only cost me $40.
    Measures body fat %, water % and bone mass. Amazing scales.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Im in Australia and 2 days ago I bought myself a brand new scale. Its a weight watchers one, only cost me $40.
    Measures body fat %, water % and bone mass. Amazing scales.
    I have a weight watchers scale and I don't like it. It's really cute (pink and red stripes) but not accurate. If I weigh myself with my shoes on and then again with them off it will give me the same exact weight until I stand on it again with something heavy and then re-weigh. Basically, if you are pretty close to whatever weight you were last time, it will give you the same reading even if it's a pound off!