yogurt and granola

Options
Hello, I am enjoying my Dannon light vanilla yogurt and low fat granola with raisins...but the sugar content is almost 23g and usually puts me over for the day.

Also, fresh fruit will put me over...

QUESTION: should I worry only with the amount of sugar, or the type and source of it? Any suggestions for the granola (there are raisins in this which is why i think the sugar may be high...but I buy it bulk, there is no nutrition label and just "guessed" off the existing database.

I hate to give it up..really fills me up..

Thanks D.

Replies

• shimmer_glo
    shimmer_glo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You could try switching to plain yogurt sweetened with stevia or vanilla extract and a small amount of sugar to taste. It's not to difficult to get used to once you've had it a few times.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I asked the same thing a few months ago for the same reason! I decided to add sugar to my diary just to see, and I realized I was over most of the time too. But what most people told me is that if its coming from healthy food, naturally sweet foods, and fresh fruit, don't worry about. A banana is super high, so I was over usually because of a banana and some yogurt. So, thats my advice too.