Muscle soreness

Options
2»

Replies

• Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Split your workouts, then being sore won't matter. If you do your arms day one, legs day two, abs day three, back day four etc the soreness will be gone by the time your cycle goes around. Also have lots of protein- thats what helps to repair and build up your muscles after a workout.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    It's called your body adapting. Learn to enjoy it.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    if you're doing high intensity workouts and you're getting sore i'd actually rest, or do as (ooh hope i get the name right) LorainaLynn says and split your workout to a different section of the body.

i cycle through 2 light activity days (slow walk), 2 medium intensity days (strength + cardio or just strength), and 2 high intensity days. at most i'd do 2 very light, 2 medium, 3 intense. otherwise, i work to a medium level most days and split top and bottom half workouts.

got to give the muscles some time to recover... i used to push through hard every day for a job and was just really sore every day. eventually got a massage and had a rest day and discovered why muscles need rest.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Soreness is an indication you've stressed a muscle(s) you don't normally use or haven't used in awhile. I embrace it. Kinda like a battle scar.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Best cure for soreness: more exercise! If you work out regularly, it gets better. This is motivation not to slack!
  • bytemeeeeee
    bytemeeeeee Posts: 174
    Options
    AS long as it isn't an injury and it is just muscle soreness than I push right through the soreness and usually feel a lot better after I do..... Good Luck to you......

I agree the same works for me..I can be barely walk..LOL.. And I push myself the next day and walla it's gone...Also when I have soreness I need to up my protein~
  • crivera12398
    Options
    I've done both machines working out and if u don't stretch well u can b sote for a few days. space the exc. Out if u see it happening again and drink plenty of water. That helps alot also:-)