Some Feedback Needed Please

Options
Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some feedback here.
I have the Polar F6, use it 5 days a week during my exercises and it says I burn around 700 calories a day. This is from my 1 hour aerobics workout (with some jump roping in) and my 50-60 minute full body toning/resistance training/3 lb hand weights workout. My heart rate varies but I try to keep it in the lower "fat burning" zone but during jump rope and certain toning exercises, it hits the limit.
Does the amount of calories I burn sound too high or is the watch correct?? I'm really worried I'm not eating the correct amount of food (1300-1600 calories) as I want to lose a few more pounds(I'm bottom heavy and want to even out my body) but I'm not sure if I should eat more or less. I am entirely confused as to my maintenance calories as everybody says something different so I'm not sure how much of a deficit I am at each day. I sit down all day despite those 2 workout hours and I usually walk a lot on the weekends.
I'm 22, 114 pounds, 5"7 female.
Need advice!

Replies

• dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    The calorie count sounds right based on the exercises you are doing. I wouldn't worry about keeping your heart rate lower though. The harder you are breathing the more calories you are buring.:happy:
  • heygirl1954
    Options
    I think for 2 hours of workout it sounds right.. I burn 350-400 in a hour of running and I am 113 and 5'2"..
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The HRM can be off but it's not going to be off by a lot. Have you entered your VO2 Max into it? That will make it more accurate.

Anyway, I usually log 90% of the calories mine says I burn, just to be safe.

For maintenance (which I am in now), I am gradually upping my calories by 100 at a time until I stop losing. Then, that will be my maintenance calories.

The problem with formulas is that they are based on averages and so they aren't going to apply 100% to everyone. So I use them to get me in the ballpark, but if I am maintaining on 1600 calories, it doesn't really matter if some formula says I should be losing on that amount or gaining on that amount. That's my amount.

I also am planning to get my RMR tested. But, again, what matters is what my body does, not what the machine says. I just think it would be fun to have it tested and have one more piece of data to add to the equation. :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    You're 5'7" & 114 lbs? you want to lose more weight? THIS is what concerns me about your post. I am 5'7 & when I was 118, I looked sick. Siimply sick. You are already in the "underweight" catagory for your height. PLEASE, work on toning up & not on the number on the scale. You do NOT need to lose more weight!:flowerforyou:
  • vintageprop
    vintageprop Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'm just getting very frustrated because I'm not seeing the results I want fast enough. I'd be happy as long as I knew I'm on the right track but the only thing I can do is hope for the best I guess.
    And yes, since I already weigh so little, mostly I want to tone but there still is some unwanted fat in my lower body I wish to get rid of. Wish it wasn't so hard!