Newbie from NJ here.

Options
OK, here goes. I just started this week, a friend at work introduced me to this site. I've been trying to lose about 15 pounds for the last few years, and my weight yo-yo's pretty much between 185 and 200. Beginning of Jan I was 200lbs, lost 5 in no-time. I've been stuck on 195 ever since. I did write down what I ate, and not losing just didn't make any sense. :grumble:
Since I found this site, it's been A LOT easier. I know how many calories I eat and burn. I gave myself 2 ponds/week to lose, so far I've lost 2 in a mere 3 days. I'm excited, and hope to be between 180 and 185 by the middle of March when I go see my family in Europe (that'll give me between 10 and 15 pound lost).

I have a problem with WW, JC and the others since their diets don't seem to cater much to someone with my diet (vegetarian and low/no fat). I do need to make my own meals and now I can easily keep track of what I eat. Nice additional bonus: IT'S FREE! Other sites you'd have to pay. :angry:

I've been reading the boards, and everyone seems very helpful and supportive of each other. That is great, keep that up! People do need positive re-inforcement.

Sorry, I do ramble sometimes. :bigsmile: I'm excited about this!

I hope you enjoy your new "you".

Michel

Replies

• Michelrs
    Michelrs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    OK, here goes. I just started this week, a friend at work introduced me to this site. I've been trying to lose about 15 pounds for the last few years, and my weight yo-yo's pretty much between 185 and 200. Beginning of Jan I was 200lbs, lost 5 in no-time. I've been stuck on 195 ever since. I did write down what I ate, and not losing just didn't make any sense. :grumble:
    Since I found this site, it's been A LOT easier. I know how many calories I eat and burn. I gave myself 2 ponds/week to lose, so far I've lost 2 in a mere 3 days. I'm excited, and hope to be between 180 and 185 by the middle of March when I go see my family in Europe (that'll give me between 10 and 15 pound lost).

I have a problem with WW, JC and the others since their diets don't seem to cater much to someone with my diet (vegetarian and low/no fat). I do need to make my own meals and now I can easily keep track of what I eat. Nice additional bonus: IT'S FREE! Other sites you'd have to pay. :angry:

I've been reading the boards, and everyone seems very helpful and supportive of each other. That is great, keep that up! People do need positive re-inforcement.

Sorry, I do ramble sometimes. :bigsmile: I'm excited about this!

I hope you enjoy your new "you".

Michel
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

from one veggie to another.