portion size is where I was going wrong!!

ninaellis
ninaellis Posts: 60
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been shocked since using this site!! It's made me realise where I was going so wrong before!! I never weighed or measured anything & was alway brought up to clear my plate! So, having also not been brought up to waste food I'd never have any left overs!!!

Since logging all my food (before I eat it!) & sticking to the portion sizes I can see where I was going wrong!
And cutting out things like coleslaw , mayo & salad cream makes such a difference to the fat content!!

You probably all know this already!!!!:blushing:

NIna x

Replies

• chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    We know it, but it is soooooo true. Congrats on your realization!!! :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Oh yes! When you start counting the calories and really start to measure the right portions, it become very apparent why we gain weight! We just eat WAY too much for our bodies!!

:bigsmile:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    I've been shocked since using this site!! It's made me realise where I was going so wrong before!! I never weighed or measured anything & was alway brought up to clear my plate! So, having also not been brought up to waste food I'd never have any left overs!!!

Yep same here, clear your plate, I used to hear "Do you know how many starving people would like to have the food that your going to throw out"

That thought went into adulthood, if it was good, I dam well cleared my plate.

Breakfast example that I found out about portion size. I now measure my cereal in the morning.
    1/2 cup cereal and 1/2 cup milk with 1/2 cup milk in my protein shake.
    My hunny just pours the cereal into the bowl, and I looked and thought that's 1-1/2-2 cups easy, that was the size we were used to .
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    and it is amazing how eating better foods - you're not as hungry for a bunch of crap either.
  • amandajsp
    amandajsp Posts: 10
    i've learned a lot since started to log my food intake...i totally overate before!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,304 Member
    It's a complete shock when you start. My BF still thinks I am not eating enough now because I don't fill the bowl or plate up with food - I measure it and sometime that cup of food looks small in the bowl...:wink: Now I can't even eat like I used to, I had a Chipotle bol the other day (after figuring all the calories and deciding I could have it :laugh: ) and I couldn't even finish half of it!
This discussion has been closed.