snacks to pack?

Options
just curious what you guys munch on during the day for a quick snack. i was gonna buy some things to prepack in little baggies in an attempt to preplan so i don't eat impulsively. i always default to fruits for snacks, but i want more variety and all can think of is almonds at the moment...any suggestions before i head to the store???

Replies

• betheranne
    betheranne Posts: 44
    Options
    I bring some almonds. Right now I'm snacking on some Stoneyfield Farms low-fat yogurt.

I also keep some Laughing Cow cheese in the fridge here and I have some high-grain/fiber crackers for that.

Hummus is good, you can dip veggies, or those crackers.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    All Bran or Kashi crackers and Laughing Cow cheese wedges

fruit

trail mix

cereal

healthy granola bars

yogurt

fresh veggies and hummus (or Laughing Cow)
  • jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    sometimes I eat Carrot sticks with laughing cow cheese. I alwaays keep a special K bar in my desk drawer also. Apples are good to snack on too. I buy the crunchiest ones because it feels more like munching to me
  • deb03
    deb03 Posts: 30
    Options
    almonds with craisins is really good. veggies with hummus. nuts. I have a hard time myself to find something that is good for a snack and that is easily access.
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    How about:
    baby carrots
    celery
    cucumber
    100 calorie snack packs (these can get expensive so if I can get them at the 99 cent store I'll stock up)
    cheez it reduced fat crackers
    pretzels
    granola bars
    Quaker mini rice cakes (they have several flavors)

There are several things out there but these are a few. It may be time consuming, but it does pay off. When I shop, I bring things home and put them in baggies. This also helps my kids when it comes time to choose a snack and gives me the option to limit their intake without them realizing it.

I hope this helps.

210557.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I like apples and peanut butter
    celery and peanut butter
    almonds or cashews and grapes
    celery, carrots and tomatoes with hummus or light cream cheese
    strawberries, yogurt and toasted almonds
    wheat crackers and LF cheese
    feta garbanzo bean salad in pita bread
    1/2 peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole grain bread
  • jfilon
    jfilon Posts: 80
    Options
    My favorites are string cheese, reduced-sodium triscuits, quakers mini rice cakes (mmm, ranch), granola, and celery. If you get bored with fruit, try dipping pieces in a lite fruit dip. You can even get these in individual 100-calorie serving sizes. Ooo la la.