anyone truck driver

Options
I think truck drivers have the hardest time losing weight because we don't have the great places to eat at

Replies

• garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    But yet it is possible. I think you would need good coolers and a lot of planning of foods that don't go bad quickly and can stand the ice and making good choices at restaurants and using a lot of body wt exercises and jump rope walking running etc. YOU got this!
  • frixtine
    frixtine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I work at a Dr's office and we have truck driver's coming in all the time for their CDL physicals. I feel so bad for them when something goes badly healthwise, because it affects their livelihood. But you're right. You sit all day, have limited choices for food, limited space for coolers even, and as for preparation of food to bring with you, that's if you even are able to go home everyday to prepare meals to bring with you.

I see truck drivers coming in all the time with high blood pressure, diabetes, circulation issues. It's just bad, and I suppose that's why they require those physicals... just to make sure you're even healthy enough to be on the road with a big truck. It's kind of scary when you think about it.
  • miconn69
    miconn69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is true. I just found this app, and it has been a HUGE step in realizing how many calories I have been consuming. My sedentary lifestyle and high calories have been wrecking my body- pushing 300 lbs. I've cut out sodas and diet sodas, started drinking water and black coffee, and no more tacos. :-(
    I hope to become more active and find a reasonable diet plan that is compatible with this lifestyle. I hope to share more in the future....