Logging "Boot Camp"

kelligirl
kelligirl Posts: 210
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm wondering how to log calories burned doing Boot Camp. One day we did *alot *of arms with 7# weights and lots of abs - - I think I read a post that said to log it as Circuit Training. Today we were Spinning, doing some step and also weights/arms. How should I log that? My guess is Stationary bike, moderate or vigorous for whatever duration we did that. Am I on the right track?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. I'm planning to get a HRM and that will make it easier / more accurate.

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    I am always having a hard time knowing how to log my exercieses...
    I seriously need to get a HRM as well.
    Maybe someone will give you some good pointeres....I'm giving you a bump :smile:
  • sarahb79
    sarahb79 Posts: 1
    Bootcamps are usually around 800 calories for an hour of training. Especially when you are circuit training using weights, plyometrics and cardio. I would check out www.cindylaifitness.blogspot.com for details. She is great with this site and also knows a ton about caloric burning and bootcamp classes.

Good luck.
  • mclucky34
    mclucky34 Posts: 7
    i picked up a pretty decent HRM at Walmart over the weekend for $25. it is the "watch" type. I like it. seems to work really well. Sportsline brand...just an FYI
This discussion has been closed.