1000 cals per day vs. 1200 cals per day

Options
Hi, Someone told me to drop the extra 200 cals on my 1200 cal per day eating plan and I would definitely loose weight. would this be an unhealthy thing to do? I wonder because this website doesnt even offer an 1000 cal plan. Please advise. I feel like this is slow but I know slow is good.

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Go to another website or two and figure out how many calories it will take you to maintain your current weight. Then reduce that amount through exercise or calorie restriction or both to lose weight.
    500 calories a day = 1 lb a week
    750 = 1.5
    1000 = 2

It is never recommended to go below 1200 for many reasons, I am sure banks will give you a link.

Reducing your calories too much might be why you are not losing!
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Hi, Someone told me to drop the extra 200 cals on my 1200 cal per day eating plan and I would definitely loose weight. would this be an unhealthy thing to do? I wonder because this website doesnt even offer an 1000 cal plan. Please advise. I feel like this is slow but I know slow is good.

Unless this person is a licenced physician or nutritionist who is planning to monitor your weight loss very closely, ignore them. A lot of people out there are extremely misinformed about how to effectively lose weight, this person appears to be one of them. Consistently eating below 1200 calories is not good for your body, and will actually prevent you from losing weight after a time.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    at 1200 I stopped losing at 1350 - 1400 I am losing again....sometimes less is not better. Be sure the calories you are eating are fuel for your body - good healthy choices
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I just bumped a good thread so that you could read it. It's called 700 calories a day and not losing and it's under Food and Nutrition. Go way back to the beginning. It's great.