Convince me to run my race today....

Options
Ugh. I'm signed up for it, I've paid for it, I'm certainly capable of running it, and finishing it in a respectable time.

Last night we had theatre tickets, went out for dinner, (where I had a few drinks), then the theatre, (where I had another few), then for dessert (where I had another).

Walked between those places, wearing 5" platform pumps. Blisters the size of small volcanos (but dammit, I looked HOT!) are on my feet now.

Didn't get to bed until after 1.

Those are my excuses. I need some motivation, or I will sit here like a slug all day!

Replies

• eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I would stay home and nurse my feet but since you asked .....

Tape those bad boys up and go run your race....then afterwards go home with a smile on your face and soak them for a long time...:)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    to be honest, if you made all those plans the night before a race, you must not really want to do it!
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    ive seen men who have had their leg blown off who still run..very fast actually, jump out of planes and fight along with the best of us, I have yet to hear an excuse for avoiding something good that I would accept. if he can do it anyone can overcome anything

..he has a fake leg now of course
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Ummm. You paid for it!!!. And you will be grounded for the next 2 weeks if you don't go! I mean it!
  • jaimelhector
    jaimelhector Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do it! You signed up for it and if you've done so well so far, don't cheat yourself by skipping it. You deserve better! Go kick some butt and you will feel great when it is over!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Embarrassingly, I didn't look that closely at the tickets. I thought the show was tonight. :blushing:
    to be honest, if you made all those plans the night before a race, you must not really want to do it!
  • coconutty420
    coconutty420 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If u go then u will feel like a bad @$$ warrior! Copable of being on hot sexy lady the night before but able to push through the pain of beauty to show how strong and powerful you are too! GO BE A WARRIOR!
  • dancingqueen42
    Options
    You know getting up and actually starting the race is the hardest part. Besides, think of a successful race as a reward for all your hard work!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I agree....just go and do it. I know you feel crappy, but I've overdone it and made myself run the next day, and not only did I sweat out all the bad stuff (!) I ended up with a better time. Take on the challenge! Just make sure you've bandaged the blisters tho.
  • TheYankeeBelle
    Options
    I'm going to run my Warrior Dash today, so you have to run too! Get moving!!
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Just Try :) Do your best!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Don't be a quitter.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    If you don't do it you will feel like you have let yourself down. You let unhealthy choices over power a wonderful choice. So I say pull up the big girl panties, tape up the blisters, take an advil, drink a crud ton of water and get your butt out there. If you let a night of fun and indulgence ruin your healthy paid for choice what have you really done?
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    The only work outs you regret are the ones you don't do... I have that hanging on my fridge.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Last year around this time, I had a race I was "meh" about doing, and the night before I went to a 60s themed birthday costume party wearing very uncomfortable go-go boots and downing Long Island Ice Teas.

The next morning, the sun was shining and it was beautiful, and channeled my inner Nike and said, "Just do it."

Between letting the dog out and actually getting to the race, the clouds moved in, the wind came up and the temps dropped.

And I had a personal record. :drinker:
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Go run the race for me. I am currently out of comission due to health issues outside my control and I would kill to run right now, let alone feel the adrenaline and confidence of a race. Plus, which are you going to regret more. Racing which means burning calories, getting healthy, and feeling awesome. Or sitting at home where you will just be like, "I wish I was racing right now." Choice seems clear to me. And I have run many a race tired and with blisters so you can too :)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Why should we convince you to run a race? Obviously you have no passion for running!!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    wrap your darn feet and JUST DO IT!
  • kate_sunflower
    kate_sunflower Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Do it and then go get pancakes afterwards! Yum.
  • smoten
    smoten Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    do it! you will be glad you did; I bet if you don't do it you won't be glad you didn't.