Who lost 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery ?

Options
13»

Replies

• leamatthew
    leamatthew Posts: 162
    Options
    Im 102lbs down, no surgery, just bloody determination, since last macrh ive been on my life change x
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I plan to lose 100lbs without any surgery or diet pills. I know it will be hard, but im 21.. I WANT to do this the hard way.

Same here!!!!
  • StrengthFromAbove
    StrengthFromAbove Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I lost 130 without surgery!
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was 250lbs and I am now 127.5lbs. It has all been done 100% by me with hard work and portion control. I will be the first to admit that it didn't happen over night, it's not always easy and some times I slide back into old habits but it has all been worth it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to. :)
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Raises hand
  • angee1126
    angee1126 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello...I am new to MFP and am finding alot of topics for support to people who have had bypass surgery. But, I am losing weight the old fashioned way...hard work, watching what I eat and exercising. I understand this will be a loooong process, hence why it is a life change NOT a diet. Would love to meet people who are/have done the same thing. I'm about a week and a half in and have lost 5 pounds so far. It's very hard for me to loose weight, I just look at a piece of candy and gain 10 pounds :-)

It took me a hard look in the mirror and two and a half years to go from 412 pounds to 309. I don't do gimmicks, I refuse to do surgery. I burn more calories than I eat. The simplest things are quite often the hardest to do. I'm not saying that I haven't fallen off of the wagon (my friends on here sure know THAT for a fact!) but I pick myself back up. I'm proud of myself because I did this without any help from pills or lap bands or anything. Just me and supportive friends.
  • Moonladee
    Moonladee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I hear you..But the thing is.. I have 3 good friends IRL that have had surgery... You say you are losing weight the "hard" way.. I know for a fact that all options are the hard way... There is no easy way... Surgery is just as hard, if not harder... I walked a friend through it... You still have to change your habits.. and eating.. There is no magic way. Changing how you think, feel. move. eat... all the same.. then add on top of that..all the doctors, labs, NUT's, followups, the danger.. the fear... the doubt.. etc etc etc... And lets all be completely honest... if any of this was "easy" we'd grab it. AND just like with the "hard" way... surgery isn't full proof..If you don't do what you need too.. you WILL regain and maybe DIE!! I used to judge surgery as most... Now, watching and learning from friends, it's not.. I don't judge healthy success, the "easy" or "hard" way anymore.. It's all a tool... a goal.. for living life in the best way possible. ALIVE!!!!

Everyone's journey, is their journey. And what road you take, will be rocky... I am going to help and be supportive to all that need a hand over the pitfalls.

This is my opinion. I mean no disrespect to anyone's other views.. :)

Thank you.:flowerforyou:
  • Moonladee
    Moonladee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    And WTG to all that are and have lost any weight!!! not easy.. :)
  • om98
    om98 Posts: 48
    Options
    i lost 109 pounds in 4 months and still going

i eat healthy and workout not hard but good enough
  • angelmorgan2012
    Options
    Very well said. I, for one, did an orientation for the lap band over 2 years ago. I started the process to prepare for it, but in the meantime I walked with friends and had other issues going on and started losing weight on my own. Like others have said it is a slow process and yet again I am on the bandwagon trying to get there. I never had the surgery and let me tell you, just the steps to prepare is in my opinion unbearably hard. I decided against it, but make no mistake, surgery is not the easy way.
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    All of these posts are so inspiring! I haven't gotten there yet but I made a promise to myself that I will. :)
  • Suzieqgirl
    Suzieqgirl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So good to hear all the success stories on here. Congratulation to those who have had great weigh lost! You are an inspritration to me!
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Randomly saw this thread and the title caught my eye... I started my lifestyle change because I was in a bariatric surgery program and I had to lose over 100 pounds to lower my BMI enough just to qualify for procedure (I was looking at lap banding).

So I made some changes and when I saw how "easy" (haha :tongue: ) it was to lose weight if you did the right things the surgery route became less and less appealing.

It's a great tool for some people, but if I need to eat right for the rest of my life even with the surgery, it seemed to make more sense to try it the old fashioned way first. Congrats to everyone else to has done the same!