On the journey to loose 200pounds

Options
All my life have been overweight, but the older i got, the more it completely spiralled out of control. I'm here trying to get my life back on track. About 2 yrs ago lost about 50pounds, and then put it all back on, and then some :(

Started eating healthy about 3 weeks ago and so far have lost 10pounds...but as of monday joining a gym to combine health eating with exercise.

This is the start of my new journey, the journey of 1000miles which begins with one step. Hoping to find encouragement here :-) All the best to all :-)

Replies

• CelticDestiny
    CelticDestiny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss so far. This is a great place for support in a long journey. I have made some great friends who support me on a daily basis and give me the motivation to push through my struggles. I have at least 120lbs to lose and can't do a whole lot of exercise right now because I'm 24 weeks pregnant. I'd be happy to support you on your journey. Sending a friend request. :-)
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Congrats for giving it a good effort it needs - I finally got my *kitten* in gear 10 weeks ago and have lost 37 pounds - add me for support
  • williamcate
    williamcate Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    10 pounds is 10 pounds! I lost 15 quickly and have now plateau'd... I am mixing things up, excersize and eating, to try to jump start it again. Keep positive
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and the message boards. you have done well to lose the 10 lbs so far and you seen determined!

Feel free to add me as a friend for support & motivation:)

Good luck
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    In 1996 I weighed 300 pounds and in 2009 reached 200 pounds. a few days ago I said good bye to 200 pounds. I am at 196 pounds. I would love to support you on this. you can do it
  • rabetts
    rabetts Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend on your journey. I know it's a long one, and we could all use as much encouragement as possible. We can do this!