diabetics?

Options
I did my labs this morning. after all, a friend mentioned that I have a fruity odor and he can be understood that is diabetes.

This scares me.... the other side, is something that I must I deal with. For two years I have problems with cholesterol, triglycerides, high blood pressure and I have maintained in ups and down.

I wanted to share it.

Replies

• treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I hope your labs turn out good. However they turn out, you've already started taking the very best step you can to reduce your chances of developing diabetes and to lower your cholesterol, triglycerides, and blood pressure.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Nothing to be scared about as long as you take sensible attitudes and eat the foods that will keep you on the right track to keep your "sugar" levels down... and it's different from one person to another. I was 16st2lb when I was first diagnosed and having lost nearly 2st my Db is v much better.
  • gama212
    gama212 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I've been a diabetic for 10 years when I control my weight and stay active no medicine when I get lazy the meds come back , so stay active and keep your weight down ( I think I'll listen to my own advice)
  • gama212
    gama212 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I got my labs result this morning....

107 glucos
    156 ldl

I feel better but I need to still working.
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I actually found this site AFTER being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes almost two years ago. I went from a a1c of 11.3 now down to around 5.3. I have not taken meds to control my glucose for about a year now and things continue to stay in the normal range. The biggest thing that I have found is that water and exercise make a HUGE difference. I had not been exercising or eating right or this or that...(Honeslty I was doing everything wrong) but now I am getting regular amounts of exercise, and can eat high carb/BIG glucose impact foods like pizza and pasta as long as I work it off...My glucose stays in the normal range.

Glad to hear your labs were better than you thought. Just make some changes and you WILL see an improvement.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I'm a type 2 diabetic, I was diagnosed last 2009 which why I started to take care of myself. Now I feel pretty much better & don't have frequent hypoglucemia moments anymore. Average reading from 200 down to 120 (still high but unlike before), normal is <100. I can say you're lucky that you have the opportunity to have come to realization & take charge of your health before its too late.
  • jlong7774
    jlong7774 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this applies but sometimes genetics can work against you with regards to Type 2 Diabetes. There is a test that you can get called the A1C that provides a trend of your blood sugar that really shows where you stand. As previously mentioned what you eat and exercise with a good attitude makes all the difference in the world. There is a diabetics group in MFP as well.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Glad your labs were better than you feared. As you get closer to your goal weight and keep moving, they will probably drop even further into a healthier range. All the best!