I ALMOST DIDN'T DO IT!

Options
This week is my first week back at the gym in about a year. I had some medical issues that prevented me from going. Today, I was so busy at work, noon quickly became 1:00, then 1:30....by that point I was thinking, I am hungry...maybe I should skip today....then I thought to myself...Self..you are in your first week, if you quit now, quitting tomorrow will come just as easy...so I ate something and off I went to the gym. Did a hardcore 23 minutes on the elliptical...my legs were jello but I feel FABULISIOUS!
It wasn't the hour work out that I had originally set up to do but it was SOMETHING...

Sorry..just had to give myself a pat on the back :bigsmile:

Replies

• mizphit
    mizphit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This week is my first week back at the gym in about a year. I had some medical issues that prevented me from going. Today, I was so busy at work, noon quickly became 1:00, then 1:30....by that point I was thinking, I am hungry...maybe I should skip today....then I thought to myself...Self..you are in your first week, if you quit now, quitting tomorrow will come just as easy...so I ate something and off I went to the gym. Did a hardcore 23 minutes on the elliptical...my legs were jello but I feel FABULISIOUS!
    It wasn't the hour work out that I had originally set up to do but it was SOMETHING...

Sorry..just had to give myself a pat on the back :bigsmile:

Way to GO!!!!!!!! The first one is always the hardest....I have yet to accomplish that.

Don't be sorry about giving yourself a little praise---you have a lot to be proud of!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    You know what...that is just the kick in the pants that I needed to go. I'm going to the gym right now!! thanks!!!
  • madair801
    madair801 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    you should give yourself a pat on the back. At least you stuck to it. That is the goal. Keep going even when you don't want to. That ,my friend, is where our results start to take effect. Good for you!!
  • cserrano02
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!! I didnt wanna wake up this morning either actually was laying there trying to convince myself to just get up!! I did get up and I went before work and now if I wanted to I can walk more when I get home from work...
    You're right... when you quit on day one.... its even easier to quite on day 2-ever.... keep it up!!
    Why put off until tomorrow what you can do TODAY!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Way to go !! Its tough sometimes but you've got to kick yourself in the butt! Great job!
  • Luludog1
    Luludog1 Posts: 119
    Options
    So proud of you. I had the same thing happen to me today, but i never made it to the gym. Everyone in my office left for lunch meetings, and of course, being the lowly assistant, I had to hold down the fort. When everyone got back at 1:30...I was stopped by a client needing some assistance...next thing I know its 2:30 and to late for a break. So not only did i miss the gym, but my lunch too. :mad: :explode:
  • katealim
    katealim Posts: 45
    Options
    Congrats! You deserve that pat on the back. Today is my day to head to the gym and pick up that membership for the first time in a long time.

27992.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Good motivation. I often have many of those days, but I try and pick myself up and feel AWESOME afterwards :love:
  • mizphit
    mizphit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to reply and tell you that you inspired me to finally get off my lazy butt as well! I did a shortened version (I haven't worked out in 2 months...figured I better not start off where I left off) of my full routine this morning and I feel great!!!

I've come up with a schedule now and it seems to be one I'll be able to easily follow.

Now to fight the on-going battle of the 'nasty night time munchie monsters'..........