whats good excersise for stomach,

Options
I have been doing a dvd work out and ab king pro, i am feeling the burn when i am doing it but nothing seems to be helping tone,

this is my biggest problem and thights, i have tryed to look up on google what helps but i cant seem to find anything,

please please help xx

Replies

• chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce.. you can do all the ab workouts you want, but if you still have fat over them, then it won't show.

My suggestion, eat a deficit, lift heavy, do a bit of cardio, and see what happens.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Losing the weight will help you see the definition.

But to help your tummy, planks and ab vacuums. These help your core (transverse abs) and this will pull in your tummy. Youtube vacuums to see what they look like. Now, these people can do it super good, I can not. I just plul in as much as I can. And it is pulling in your abs not sucking in and holding your breath!
  • Lovely_Doll
    Options
    At one point the only exercises I'd do were sit ups. And I'm talking at least 500 within a half hour. And I'd do this two or three times a day sometimes. That built up my abs, but it was only when I started losing weight that my stomach looked a lot more toned. So I guess combine sit ups with a good diet.
  • abradley114
    abradley114 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    There is no special ab workout you can do to get abs/flat tummy. Before you get abs/flat tummy you have to lose all the excess weight first. Which is by clean eating lifting weights and doing cardio. Once you start eating a clean healthy diet (no processed foods, no diet sodas, fruit juices, candy etc) is when u will see the pounds fly off. It sucks i really wish there was an ab workout that will shred the fat on our stomachs away but there isn't. So just keep working at it and the more weight you lose the closer you are for yours abs to show! Keep up the great work!!! You can do it!
  • Micksgurl
    Micksgurl Posts: 84
    Options
    I have been doing a dvd work out and ab king pro, i am feeling the burn when i am doing it but nothing seems to be helping tone,

this is my biggest problem and thights, i have tryed to look up on google what helps but i cant seem to find anything,

please please help xx

I really enjoy the 10 minute solutions video series. There is a couple strictly for abs. What I like best is they are broken down into 10 minute segments so that you can mix and match and for me personally it helps me to not get burned out.
  • junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i am just worried that if i dont do the tone up as i am going along then i am going to be left with a flap of stomach skin,

i have changed my diet, and cut all candy crisps and juice and take aways out, i am grilling or using the halogen oven to cook everything,

i will have to buy some weights, and use them, when i have been working out i lock my stomach, i am flexable and this is where i also have to watch i dont over strech and hurt myself doing it,

thank you for all tips and links i have got the you tube ones saved to favs xx
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Nothing tones because there's no such thing as spot-toning. Sorry.

Your skin may shrink - in a process that takes years, which is limited by the natural elasticity of your skin - which is genetic.