So sick of all the sabotagers in my life!

Options
MaryinBflo
MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
My husband went to the grocery store this morning and brought home dougnuts, ice cream, pizza etc you get the point

I come to work and people have candy on their desks and basic junk all over the place!

Then my kids always want me to eat their food and try to shove it in my mouth!

I'm happy to say I am staying strong but it is hard! Hopefully it will get easier to resist as I go along.

Replies

• Luludog1
    Luludog1 Posts: 119
    Options
    Congrats on the Will Power...Hang in there!!!:wink:
  • Itmomma
    Itmomma Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Try and put all the junk out of sight and if they eat it in front of you find an excuse to leave the room. I live with a sabateur as well, pastries, chips,chocolate you name it! It's hard enough without it being under your nose!
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Wow - forget putting it out of sight. I would toss it! Your co-workers I understand, they have no obligation to support you, and they can live their lives as they wish. But the spouse? You are a much stronger person than I to put up with that!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    The good news is, the longer you're away from the junk food, the less tempting it'll be. :wink:

Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    I agree with Sebidian. You need to have a nice long talk with the hubs and your children and explain to them your situation. He needs to help you in your journey.

You won't be able to "look away" forever.

:heart: :heart: Good Luck!
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Unfortunately, just because we decided to change our habits, it seems like nothing around us is doing the same. :grumble: That's life I guess! Good luck on staying so strong, it's been a tough road for me, too.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My hub is the same but my kids are more supportive (they are 17 and 21, don't know how old yours are). The greatest satisfaction I get is when he brings something home KNOWING that I like it and want it and it SITS THERE and gets old and moldly and gross and stale because I DIDN'T eat it. It pi$$es him off that he, and I quote "wasted my money on this and you aren't even going to eat it" to which I reply "you betcha...who asked you to buy it anyway". It used to discourage me a lot but now I kind of pat myself on the back for being so strong and it gives me a little satisfaction that I pi$$ed him off when he was trying to mess me up :devil:
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone my kids are only 1 and 3 but my husband is another story! I am working on him. Everyday it's "tomorrow I will eat healthy" for him.

I am trying to teach my kids to be healthy. The 3 yr old already loves to exercise with me and everything she does she asks me if it is exercise. Very cute!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone my kids are only 1 and 3 but my husband is another story! I am working on him. Everyday it's "tomorrow I will eat healthy" for him.

I am trying to teach my kids to be healthy. The 3 yr old already loves to exercise with me and everything she does she asks me if it is exercise. Very cute!

My 4yr old tries to do the 30 day shred with me
    I would sit down and really try to have a heart to heart with DH.....it's not easy....as we all know, food is an addiction.....sounds like he is struggling as well
    On the other hand there will be temptations around us at bbq, holidays, b-day parties.....
    but it's worse when something is staring at you in the face at home daily...I know certain things I can just not have around all the time...

Good luck, Kim
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend does the same but he does it to be sweet not sabotage me. On Sunday, he brought me a sundae because he knows I like ice cream and I had spent all day studying. I had to figure out away to tell him thanks-for-the-thought-but-I-wish-you-didn't without hurting his feelings.