My son

Options

Replies

• bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I lost a son too. Thank you for sharing. Happy Birthday to your little angel Aiden and congratulations on the healthy birth of your daughter.
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    tears.. Happy Bday Lil man! you are very much loved!
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    You and your wife are great examples (to me anyway) of courage, love, determination, and inner strength. Your daughter is blessed to have you both for parents. She's beautiful.

- a father of four girls
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Aiden!! So sorry about your loss. Your little girl is a cute little princess and I bet that she brings lots of happiness to you and your wife.

Great of you for taking care of yourself!
  • Fitfaery
    Fitfaery Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Aiden x

You seem like a strong person now x keep going and be the man you know you can be. Not just for your wife and daughter, but for you too xx
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to Aiden! I am really sorry for your loss and although personally I can not imagine how you could ever cope with something so dramatic I do know that it get's a little easier with time, I know this because i watch my fiance deal with the death of his son. His name was Tyler and he was born on 05/05/05 , he lived 6 months and died on 10/18/05 during surgery. I know first hand how hard it is to talk about for him, we celebrate his birthday every year by buying helium filled balloons and writing messages on them and send them up to heaven.

I am truly sorry for your loss, your daughter is gorgeous!!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love her little leg warmers! My daughter lived in those and diapers the first six months of her life. Your daughter is so happy and gorgeous, I'm glad you get to enjoy her, and she gets to enjoy you. :)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Can't imagine how horrendous that is! Happy Birthday to your little man, so happy to see you getting healthy for your daughter! No better reason! Keep fighting for your happiness! You deserve it! :flowerforyou:
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I almost lost my daughter the day after she was born the chaplain came and told us to say goodbye when she was 23 hours old. She couldn't breath on her own, but they didn't know why, My mother -in-law refused and we had her sent to a NICU nearby, Sh was there for almost 2 months....she has physical and cognitive disabilities now with no real diagnosis, but I am so grateful just to have her here. I couldn't imagine what I might have had to go through if we lost her. Or if I would even still be here.....The situations we have now is sometimes hard and unbearable but at least we have her....My heart goes out to you. Children are just so great and make it all worth it sometimes. I know that I gained 60 pounds with my pregnancy and I KNOW FOR SURE that the reason I am just now trying to get it all off (8yrs later)was because of the difficulties we face as parents of a child with special needs; it's hard to focus on yourself when you are in pain. You have done a GREAT job!!!!! Thank you for sharing you story.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    *wiping tears from eyes* Wow - Thank you so much for sharing that with ALL of us...I absolutely cannot imagine how you feel...I am so very sorry! Your daughter is beautiful as I am sure your son would have been as well....You are an inspiration to us all that no matter what you have been through in life....There is a reason TO LIVE! I truly hope that you have a beautiful life from now on - you deserve it... :heart:

:heart: Happy Birthday Aiden :heart:
  • scoyne999
    scoyne999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss yet so overjoyed for the birth of your beautiful daughter. You are a very strong person.
  • Kassieisproud
    Options
    Im in tears right now Your such a strong man I hope you your wife and beautiful little girl have a wonderful day Happy birthday Aiden
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm only repeating the sentiments of everyone else, but I'm sorry for your loss and loved what you had to say. Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous, and she has a lot to be proud of. She's going to know what you're doing for her as she grows older. Well done to you for making the changes that will improve her life, not just yours.
  • walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    What a sad story and my {{HUGS}}} go out to you and your wife. So glad that your daughter is doing well and you as well with wanting to live for your family. You can do this and they need you. So keep at it and you will be around for many many more years and see her married and have babies of her own.
  • zoeengland2000
    Options
    Thank you for posting, it takes a strong person to be so frank about their feelings. Keep going on your MFP journey, we are all willing you on.

Your daughter is beautiful & I just adore her socks :-)

Happy birthday Aiden xx
  • vtempes
    vtempes Posts: 47
    Options
    As I wipe tears from my eyes, I want to thank you for sharing your story with us! Happy Birthday to Aiden! And your daughter is absolutely precious!

Although I can not personally relate to your feelings, one of my very good friends lost her daughter just hours after birth and another very close friend has lost two sons hours after their births. The strength they have displayed through their losses has always amazed me, as does yours.
  • Eliannasmom
    Eliannasmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    what a beautiful tribute to the angel you lost and the one who is with you today... keep strong..keep healthy you have a lot to live for!
  • shiremom69
    shiremom69 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Very moving, thank you!
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    :heart: Happy Birthday, Little Aiden:heart:
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I can't even imagine a loss like that. Your son is an angel and your daughter is beautiful!
    Happy Birthday in Heaven:heart: