How is your confidence?

Options
2»

Replies

• tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I do find that my confidence has gone up. I have lost 37 of the 60 pounds that I wanted to lose. I never really had great self-confidence before. But, I am still very self-conscious about my stomach. It has gone down, but it is still way to big.
  • zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options
    I honestly haven't lost very much weight at all. Only 4lb or so. Despite that, my confidence is still increasing. I think its because I have never been this serious or consistent with my weight loss plans, so that in itself is giving me confidence. I know I'm going to stick with it this time. (:
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Great topic, I have been reading a lot of books on confidence lately, as im suffering a bit myself with social anxiety, but to me, I have trained my body, but my mind wont catch up, what I see in the mirror is not what I feel I have, strange it sounds, but I hope someone understands this. But I am proud of what I have achieved so far, I think real life confidence is so hard!

:) Your abs are hot! But yes real life confidence is hard, I've learned its a lot easier to be confident online then offline, which is why I got big to begin with because I sat online at my desk for hours, now I can't sit still, I'm online a lot still but I'm sure to workout now. I'm confident at my job, which I never had before. I'm confident in certain things but I still lack it other places. I'm sure it'll get better with time.

What books are you reading? I have anxiety issues, but not nearly like I use to.

Thanks for the kind compliment bab, I am currently reading a book called ''Feel the fear and just do it anyway'' and some other self help books, find them really interesting, never been a big reader up untill about 5months ago, I used to be such a confident person once, and really hoping I can get back to that mindset.
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    It's slowly coming back but to be honest I don't think that it has much to do with losing the weight. I think I could have felt this way when I was bigger but didn't understand why I felt the way that I did.

To the OP you have awesome eyes, really vibrant green... I'd kill for that colouring :laugh:
  • fayglet
    fayglet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I used to never be able to accept compliments on anything - I had low self esteem after years of being fat.

Now when I get compliments, I am much better at saying thanks and paying the good vibes forward. When I realize I look good (confidence in my body and health), that pushes me to address my other accomplishments (confidence at work, friendships etc).

I still have a lot to lose, but I've lost enough to know that I have lots to be thankful for in my life :D
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    it's meh some days. it was pretty bad before at my heaviest. I'm doing better though. I am a bit more outgoing and less shy around the opposite sex. One thing that really has helped is going to Zumba class at my YMCA. being the 1 of 2 guys in class of 15-20 women, trying hard not to fall on my face. :laugh:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    it's meh some days. it was pretty bad before at my heaviest. I'm doing better though. I am a bit more outgoing and less shy around the opposite sex. One thing that really has helped is going to Zumba class at my YMCA. being the 1 of 2 guys in class of 15-20 women, trying hard not to fall on my face. :laugh:

Here I am fretting over losing less than 20 lbs, and I look at your weight loss and think "WOW! How amazing is this guy for what he's accomplished?" Way to go, dude! You are a true example of determination, persistence and courage. I applaud you and think you should be VERY proud and confident. PS: I do Zumba too, and absolutely love it.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    BTW, my confidence has soared since the start of the year, thanks mostly in part to Zumba and therapy to deal with some self esteem issues. I'm finally able to wear beautiful clothes without thinking 'I'm not pretty enough for these frilly, girly things". My co workers are all stunned by the changes.
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I went from being really skinny with low confidence to really big with even more low confidence...Although I haven't reached my goal weight yet, my confidence does seem a little better than before. I am working on it day by day.

Not to sound creepy, but you are GORGEOUS! You shouldn't have any confidence issues! Just thought I'd share! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!