help!!! in need of accurate advice and guidance.

farrahmelanie
farrahmelanie Posts: 42
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
eat 1200 calories exercise and you'll lose weight they say. eat 1500 calories a day exercise and you'll lose weight. eat 1200 calories, add in your exercise calories (about 200) per day and then eat all of those calories and you'll lose weight.
I have tried it all and nothing helps. i don't know how much to eat, how much to exercise or what to do to lose this weight. it is keeping me from loving what i see in the mirror. i am officially to big to do the one exercise i loved before i had my daughter - yoga!! because of these extra 60 pounds that keep getting in the way.
please any advice is welcome with open arms. i need guidance.

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    If you have been exercising and eating the exact numbers since June 2008 and have not lost any weight, you need to go see your doctor and see if you have metabolic issues.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    eat 1200 calories exercise and you'll lose weight they say. eat 1500 calories a day exercise and you'll lose weight. eat 1200 calories, add in your exercise calories (about 200) per day and then eat all of those calories and you'll lose weight.
    I have tried it all and nothing helps. i don't know how much to eat, how much to exercise or what to do to lose this weight. it is keeping me from loving what i see in the mirror. i am officially to big to do the one exercise i loved before i had my daughter - yoga!! because of these extra 60 pounds that keep getting in the way.
    please any advice is welcome with open arms. i need guidance.

I have never heard eat 1500 calories a day and exercise and lose weight. To lose a pound a week, you need to have a 3500 calorie deficit. I don't know what MFP gives you, but usually that is how much you need to eat in order to lose whatever you set (1 pound a week is recommended) to lose. I try to stay with my calorie intake and exercise and keep track of the deficit (exercise and calorie) and do a quick check at the end of the week.

Do you log your food and what kind of exercises do you do?
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    There are a lot of questions you would have to ask yourself as far as: are you being honest about your calorie intake and logging evyerything you eat? How much water are you drinking? How much exercise are you doing and is it enough?, etc...There is something that's not being done properly in order for you to not be losing weight. Try keeping a food journal for starters if you havent' becaue it may surprise you. The first day I did it, I ate about 2,000 cals and thought I didn't eat very much.
  • jaxterbom
    jaxterbom Posts: 73
    If you eat 1500, you'll lose. If you eat 1200, you'll lose faster. If you exercise, you'll lose even faster. Until you take a few lbs off, I would recommend walking for exercise. It's not as complicated as you think. Good luck!

223140.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    I have done yoga at my size and enjoyed it. I don't know why 54 lbs is holding you back
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    If you are maintaining a calorie deficit (from your BMR) and are tracking honestly every thing you put in your mouth and still haven't lost any weight I would go to the doctor and make sure you don't have a thyroid problem, hormone imbalance, or any other thing of the sort that would prevent you from losing weight.

As long as you are eating less than what your body burns you will lose weight, no magic tricks. It all boils down to calories in vs. calories out.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    I agree with the first poster. Go to your doctor and make sure there aren't medical issues you don't know about.

Other than that, it is really hard to give you advice without knowing your height, weight, and age. Those have a HUGE impact on what you should eat. I'm 5'10 and have lost weight fairly easily eating an 1800 calorie diet with exercise 3x/week. Some one who is 5'2 would probably have a much harder time doing that.
  • Loma
    Loma Posts: 31 Member
    I am in the same boat. I log accurately and exercise faithfully and although I am "tighter" the pounds are not coming off. I am seriously ticked:mad: and I guess I am going to have to suck it up and find a doc to run tests on me.
    I hate it when our body doesn't cooperate!:explode:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    1200 huh? what are your numbers?

Height, weight, activity level, what you do for exercise, any medication, health issues you have...etc

then I can be reasonably accurate with what your maintenance calories should be, and can give you my opinions from there.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    My question would be is, what have you been eating? What does day look like? Can you post that for us?

You may want to consider investing into a heart rate monitor that also does calorie burning, I found I was burning more then what the website was suggesting. I find this helps a lot, because I knew I wasn't getting enough and my body had slammed on the brakes on me.

Have you taken measurements? Have you lost any inches? How do your clothes fit?

If you've done all of this then I would definitely think about going to the doctor.
This discussion has been closed.