Headphones

​​​​​​​​Does anyone have a headphone set they would recommend for working out?? Mine Earbuds are continually falling out!! I do everything from aerobics and jogging to weightlifting!!

Replies

• NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    I'd love to hear this as well. I have small ears and have yet to find a pair of earbuds that fit securely, even the 'custom-fit' kind. I'm currently using Yurbuds - Ironman Series Endure Dry-Mic Headphones they 'lock' into the ear canal and have earclips to hold them. Three months and they are still going strong. Usually I break/loosen a wire by now causing them to short. I have hope for this pair.
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Polk Audio !!
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 453 Member
    Skullcandy. I love them and every package of earbuds comes with different sizes of plastic ear pieces.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I have a set that have the little squishy thing on the earbud, and they came with three sizes - the smallest one actually stays in my ears, even when I run (they are Phillips brand, got them at Target I think). I can't keep the standard iPod earbuds in, if I move my mouth or yawn, at least one of them falls right out of my ear! :tongue:

I also have a set with the little thing that hooks over the ear (also with the small rubber thingy), but I found that the regular ones stay in my ears just fine and are more comfortable to wear.
  • skaery7
    skaery7 Posts: 8 Member
    I had that issue also and I purchased Yurbuds brand earbuds and they NEVER fall out! They come in different sizes and they fit you at a store. I got mine at a running expo, but you can find them at most running stores. They are a little pricey, but they are SO worth not having to constantly put your earbuds back in your ears. Several of my friends have them and swore by them...so I gave in and am glad I did. More info at www.yurbuds.com Hope you find them and enjoy them!
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    I recently purchased Panasonic ones. They have the rubber ends on the piece that slides into your ear canal and they lock in place. Best purchase I've made in a long time. I'm sure I picked them up at The Source for about 20 bucks!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    I don't know if this applies but I love my Bluetooth for this. Bestbuy usualy has them that media compatiable for $20 - $40. Its great because there's no wires to get in the way and you can get them with the earpiece that holds it on your ear.
  • I have skull candy ones, they are fantastic. I have the big headphones for them and my boyfriend had the small ear phones and really liked them :)
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Sennheiser makes a set with webbing that flexes inside your outer ear for a hold instead of relying on your buds to hold them in. That's what I use since I've always felt the ear clip ones were uncomfortable.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/sennheiser-sennheiser-ear-bud-headphones-mx680-black-yellow-mx-680/10144103.aspx?path=e4e38376cd32e2ff18ecc3b693ab0eaben02

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    These are the headphones I use. :)
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    I use Sony MDR-XB500, I'm sure I look ridiculous wearing these but I don't give a crap.

I get a better workout when my music sounds good.

Anyone else wear non-buds? lol
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Marshmallow and Skullcandy are both decent. I've had Sony before but a word of warning, they liked to shock my ears. Every time I used them and hit something metal I got a small jolt of electricity in my ear canal. I threw them away.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    I use in ear headphones as the regular ones hurt my ears, fall out and just have crap sound quality x
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    there are these funky new headphones that custom fit your ear. They look amazing.

http://sculptedeers.com/products/
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0011UBCGE/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

I have really small ears too, but I found these headphones accidentally on sale a while ago and have never had any problems at all. They're also great for blocking out sound from outside. Just me and my music in the gym
  • I use Philips SHS3200 head phones. They're like ear buds but they have a thin piece rubber/plastic that wraps around the back of your ear. Tried several pairs of ear buds and they always fell out. Don't have that problem anymore with the ear wrap head phones.
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    I just bought these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038W0K2K/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01 they come with a ton of ear pieces so it was easy to find a good fit that gives a great seal. plus it was fairly cheap
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    I use Sony MDR-XB500, I'm sure I look ridiculous wearing these but I don't give a crap.

I get a better workout when my music sounds good.

Anyone else wear non-buds? lol
    i used to wear these jabra-halo-lifestyle.jpg
    but since my hair is getting long it messes it up a lot now...but i've gotten a few people asking about them. I can also receive calls with them
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member
    ​​​​​​​​Does anyone have a headphone set they would recommend for working out?? Mine Earbuds are continually falling out!! I do everything from aerobics and jogging to weightlifting!!

I use the ones that clip over the ear, no idea of the name of the brand, but they stay on and in the ear and I run with them and there is no outside sounds that invade - at all :D