Fat Burner Pills vs. Muscle Toning Pills

Options
2»

Replies

• delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Wow! You can get a pill that tones your muscles???? I would be suspicious of that one. If you read the small print on just about any of the miracle pills, etc. It usually says something like "Best results used with a diet and exercise regime." Well, I have news! If anyone follows ANY diet and exercise regime, they will probably lose weight without buying a bunch of snake oil (or pills). Also, check the small print on the TV ads. I think they have to put the results of a study in the ad. Anyway, I have paused the commercial and most of them say something like "In a 6 month study 50% of people lost 3 pounds" .. or something similar.

Years ago, I bought something that was supposed to make you feel full. They were like, "all natural" magic pills from Korea that were supposed to dissolve and expand with some harmless substance. After 3-4 days I started seeing them(undissolved) in the toilet (if you know what I mean). The makers of all of these products DO NOT have to prove they work. Too bad, because if they did, we wouldn't be bothered with all the annoying commercials. Some of them will say they are FDA approved to burn belly fat which is an out and out lie. IF the FDA has approved anything it's that they are approved as a supplement (not that they work) and they don't think they will immediately poison you... key word being immediately. Some people wish *so hard* the claims will be true, they would buy them even if it was required they put "SUCKAH" in large print right on the front label.

Anyway, I wouldn't spend one more nickle on that stuff. Even so, they make BILLIONS of $$$$ selling this stuff. If they worked, there would be doctors recommending them right and left and news coverage touting the successes of the MILLIONS of people for whom they have worked.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    No offense, but you don't need pills to lose 7 pounds. There's no such thing as a muscle toning pill.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    No offense, but you don't need pills to lose 7 pounds. There's no such thing as a muscle toning pill.

If there were, I bet it would have a graphic of Billy Blanks' head on it.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Oh dear lord, you can buy muscle toning pills now?

Seriously, the best advice, in my opinion, is to stay away from any product that promises you any kind of fast/easy results. If such a thing existed that gave such great results, we would all walk around looking fabulous and nobody would be flabby.

It takes dedication and hard work. Eat at a calorie deficit until you get to your ideal weight. Exercise. Lift weights. Drink lots of water.

A pill will do nothing for you but hurt you, and possibly kill you. I know a 35 year old woman who was not even overweight and took hydroxycut. She had a stroke. You don't need it.