Working out everyday?

Options
2»

Replies

• medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Id say listen to your body. If your tired/sore do some stretching at home take a rest day. Less is more bro.
  • salgalruns
    salgalruns Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I do a rest day from Body Revolution and from my more intense treadmill or outside runs. However, my "rest" day is generally filled with errands (Sundays), so I end up doing a lot of walking. I also treat it as a day to really ensure I get a good night's sleep the night before - not always easy during the work week. When you have a mindset of what the day will be about and what the remainder of the week will be like, it's not a problem to do it and then get right back on track the next day.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Youre right I'd love to know why do so many people say you need a rest day?

Rest gives your body a chance to recover from the stress you put on it with exercise. If you're just doing cardio session on the treadmill, that's not such a big deal. But if you start lifting weights, then you should absolutely take a rest to give your muscles a chance to recover, rebuild, and grow. It's like cutting yourself and continually picking the scab over and over and over and over to never take a rest.
    this