Anyone from South Carolina? Need motivation

Options
I've just started to get serious about my weight loss. I am a 24 year old female. I have a birthday coming up on June 1st and I would like to be ATLEAST 10 lbs lighter. I weighed 195 when I started last week and Im already down to 192 :-). Yay! What I have changed is that I drink nothing but water, count my calories, and I go to the gym. Now the routine I do at the gym started with just simply walking on the treadmill for 30 mins 3x a week. However I read somewhere that if you incorporate 90 seconds of a burst of energy then it helps speed up the metabolism or something of that sort. (Dont quote me but it helps) You can do the research on it.. So for every 5 mins I've walked. I will run for 90 seconds. Ex: When the treadmill reads 5:00 I will increase my speead and run until it reads 6:30 then drop bak down to the pace I started at. I just repeat this cycle for 30 mins. For those of you who dont go to the gym atleast walk your neighborhood or something for 20-30 mins 3 times a week. Some exercise is better than NONE. Also pack your lunch and plan ahead. A girlfriend of mines encouraged me to do this. You will save money and calories. Im willing to bet anything that you have packed is going to be less calories than any fast food quick fix that you're used to grabbing on the go.Doing this has encouraged me to make smarter/healthier decisons when grocery shopping too. Anyhow I need some weightloss buddies. Cmon yall we ca do this. Feel free to add me and dont be a stranger.

Replies

• EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Not in South Carolina, but a neighbor to the North up in NC.

I dont know about the metabolism thing, but you're basically doing run walk intervals and those are good, regardless. :)