EVERYDAY is a new day to make a good choice

Options
I don't know how many times I have said to myself, " I'll start on Monday " Well, today is my MONDAY. I am 21 years old and have been over weight since I hit puberty. I got married when I was 19 and had our precious little girl when I was 20. Over the past 3 years I have gained 90 unwanted pounds. 90!!!!!!! Oh my word, I never thought I would be this big. Since the first of this year I have lost 11 pounds very slowly. My husband was kind enough to provide all the resources I need, all the way up to a PT 2 times a week....but I have to go. It's so easy to make excuses on why not to go, but I look at my daughter and think how young I am and how I want to be a healthy mom for my kids and my husband....That's one reason why I SHOULD go. I joined Myfitnesspal last year and I didn't realize until now how helpful it is. I need a support buddy.... I weigh right now 278 pounds. My doctor says my goal weight is 185...so, I have a long way to go. It all hit me when last Christmas I was diagnosed with high cholestorol and heart problems. It's time for a change. I can honestly say the last 2 days I have eaten really well and worked out and I feel amazing. Will you be my buddy....I only need one..not neccesarily someone who is in the same situation, but maybe someone who did it already or has come a long way...I have over 90 pounds to lose and I want to know it;s possible.

Replies

• pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    You can do it. I've gained over 40 and also have a child. I'm only 23... I had my daughter a year ago and I used to be in a size 7 not even three years ago... now I'm in a 13. It's hard and I never thought that I could get big either.....
  • softyntx61
    Options
    I too have struggled with my weight ever since I stopped growing up and started growing out. (I was 13) I have always turned to food for my comfort. I am now 48 years old and have 85 pounds to lose, so believe me I know what you are feeling right now.

I am learning slowly and surely is the best and you my dear sweet girl, are getting started right. And, you have the added benefit of having support from your husband.

I know what helps me right now is to not focus on the 80 pounds I have to go but instead I only focus on the 2 I'm working on right now, this week.

You GO girl! :glasses: We are with ya!

Dianne
  • pinkieshrimp
    Options
    I just joined recently, and I gained a lot of weight too, so I understand! Tracking your weight and getting the support of other people can really help! Keeping posting and if you have a bad day, remember that in a week, you won't even remember it, so don't sweat the small stuff!
  • lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just joined too, congrats on making the choice! I kept a written food journal for about a month before I joined here, but I LOVE this one! It calculates everything, even generic brands I thought they wouldn't have! Just remember to record EVERYTHING and if you stumble...just get back up and on the path!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: