Completed my First 5K today!!!

Options
I completed my first 5K today!! I am contemplating signing up for my first half marathon in December! Feeling awesome!!!

Replies

• IseLedon
    IseLedon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's great. I don't know about where you live, but there are so many 5Ks happening all the time, for whatever cause.. You should look into them and sign up for them, to keep the mini goals going... Eventually yes, a 1/2 marathon would be cool. :)
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    well done you thats fab .I did race for life last year such a good feeling to take part .Good luck with the next goal x
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! And I would tell you that you can't jump from a 5K to a half marathon, but.. well I did it. (Of course I ran multiple 5K's before the half but the jump in distance). Nice job, keep it up!
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    fantastic:) I remember how I felt in 2010 when I completed my first 5 k run. you must be so proud.
  • katsmit2
    katsmit2 Posts: 54
    Options
    that's awesome - i did my first last weekend!
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I finished my first one today too :)
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    A 10K is a good in between as you train for the 1/2. Try the Bridge to 10K program to start getting there. The 10K was a great motivator for me!

Congratulations!
  • Canbfit4life
    Options
    congrats
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So great, I remember feeling on top of the world when I did my first 5k too! Keep running and enjoy it!
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, I love the feeling of completing any race or goal for that matter. Keep it up!
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! So nice to have the encouragement! I will definitely be working on a training plan so I can meet my goal in December. It's tough but I just want to be able to complete it!
  • tjakubec
    tjakubec Posts: 2
    Options
    Kristi, you would have completed the 5k much sooner had I not slowed you down, but I'm very glad you talked me into doing it with you! I feel pretty good, and I think I'm ready to get back into a workout routine. I don't think I'll be ready for the 1/2 marathon in December, but I can do some training with you before then hopefully! I have total confidence that you can do it! We need to look up other 5k's and possibly some 10k's like others suggested and keep our motivation going. WE CAN DO THIS!!! :)
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    It was nice to have someone to talk to! You didn't slow me down. I wanted to cross the finish line and we did just that! Cheers to training for the half!!!! :tongue:
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Nice milestone. Keep it up.
  • sensationallysassyt
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! I plan on doing my first 5K this summer!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • buffon85
    buffon85 Posts: 14
    Options
    very nice!! :D keep up the good work!
  • thelegend81
    Options
    Brilliant work, I have recently started running. I'm currently running 10k with a little (I need a breather) half way through. Ive signed up for 2 10k runs in September and November.

I couldnt run for 3 minutes when I started. If I can do it anyone can. Eat right, train right amd smash your goals.

Once again Good work, keep it up :)
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Well, I think you have plenty of time to train for that half. I'm doing a 5k in June and will be starting my half marathon training immediately afterwards for a half marathon that's mid September. Do you have a training plan picked out? I'm currently using Hal Higdon's Novice 5k Training Plan. After my 5k I'm going to start his Novice Half Marathon training program. I'll have an extra six weeks over what the plan calls for, so I'll be able to repeat weeks and/or incorporate step back weeks as needed. You have several more months than I do to train. You can do it! I say go for it!!!!
  • redtim22
    redtim22 Posts: 144
    Options
    Congrats thats awesome!! Did my first 5k on Easter Sunday!! Such an awesome feeling!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!