New...wanting a fresh start

Options
Hi all. I'm new. I just joined this week. I'm 23. I had my first child a year ago June 4th. I need to get the weight off. I'm over weight from what the numbers say... I feel it too. I miss my pre prego body and I want to get back to something that's better than where I am now. I've been cutting back my calories and portions. I started working out again this week and I'm setting a small goal first, but i do have a longer goal. But I would be happy with ten pounds right now. I'm measuring and I'm weighing. I'm drinking lot's of water and I've cut out all fast food and pop. I'm bringing in more veggies and I even switched to wheat bread... It would be great to meet some people who are going through this also. I would like some people to help me stay on track... Wish me luck......
Kelly

Replies

• TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck Kelly! Sounds like you're off to a great start.
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Thanks very much for the friendly welcome
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting your weightloss journey & being a new mommy!
  • RXchic
    RXchic Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:
    Having a little one definately makes things more challenging - finding time to exercise can be difficult. But getting healthy is one of the greatest gifts you can give your child. My son is 2&1/2 - my goal is to lose 100lbs, and hope that he never remembers me being fat!:happy:
    Good luck in this journey...
  • jfilon
    jfilon Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi there, Kelly! Sounds like you are doing a great job so far. Remember we are always here for you if you need tips, tricks, and support! :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and words of encouragement. It means alot to me.

Kelly