Feeling tired all the time

planetcitygirl73
planetcitygirl73 Posts: 57 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So I walk usually around 45 minutes to an hour every other day and I've started doing strength training on the other days. I make sure most days I drink 6-8 glasses of water and eat 3-5 servings of vegetables and fruits. I even take a daily vitamin. So why do I feel like my head is going to hit the keyboard several times a day? Last night I got 9 hours of sleep and the night before was 8. Last Friday was only 6 1/2, but that's not the norm. Help!

Replies

• jenniferscheller
    jenniferscheller Posts: 48 Member
    get your thyroid checked and have a full blood work up you might be taking to few vitamins or to many.
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Go over your entries in the food diary. How much sugar are you having?? Too much can affect you. You can also check if you are eating too late in the evening, as you may not be resting as much as you sleep if your body is trying to digest your food. These are some of the items of read about that can affect how you feel the next day.
  • kryoung
    kryoung Posts: 10
    I agree with all the above!
    I used to feel the same way working as a nurse, come mid afternoon I would be closing my eyes while working!
    Personally, I found that when I quit drinking caffeinated beverages (and yes it was very hard, my double double) and started having decaff herbal teas a couple times a day, I have more long lasting energy. Caffeine does boost your metabolism assisting in calorie burn, but like any drug, it has a let down.Now when I drink a coffee, I feel more tired the day after.

But that's just my body, every body is different.

hopefully this helps
  • potatoes
    potatoes Posts: 2
    definitely get your thyroid checked. all it takes is a simple blood test. that's what happened with me.
    :smile:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    I agree with the thyroid, go to the doctors. I was the same way for months until I got my thyroid checked. One little pill a day and I am as awake as usual.
  • planetcitygirl73
    planetcitygirl73 Posts: 57 Member
    Well I've never had my thyroid checked. It's good news that if that's the problem it can be fixed. I'm also guilty of having a dessert before bed, so that might be part of it too. Never thought of that. Thanks for all the other suggestions. I'll look at the caffeine/sugar intake and see if I can adjust that. :flowerforyou:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    I had that happen when I wasn't eating enough for the calories I was burning. (Which shocked me, at my weight.) I was also cold all the time. So make sure your net calorie are enough, and if you aren't using an HRM, your calories for exercise estimate might be too low.
This discussion has been closed.