subway calories

Options
does anyone know if the 370 calories they quote on a 6 inch sweet onion chicken teriyaki includes cheese?

I order mine without cheese, and without most of the extra vegetables. just meat, onion and teriyaki sauce, lettuce and olives. on wheat bread.

thanks in advance for any help on this-

Replies

• ejec
    ejec Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    As far as I know all of their subs info is based on no cheese or condiments
  • Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    No cheese in that number. I load up on the veggies since most of them have very low cals anyway.
  • softyntx61
    Options
    I go to subway all the time and if you look at their napkins it will show you some of the basic breakdown and it is always without cheese or sauces. Veggies are pretty much freebees with the exception of maybe the olives but shoot they are so stingy on those anyway. LOL

Subway is a good choice for me and I use them a lot when I'm not in the mood to make something. I do always get it on wheat and without cheese but I load up on veggies and then top off with either one of the fat free dressings or if I'm trying to get my monounsaturated fats in I get it with the olive oil and vinegar. (I always tell them to be light on the oil)

I do not get chips every time either as most of those are very high in calories...if I do get any I get the Sun chips.

Subway has all their nutrional breakdown here if that helps....:glasses:

http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/index.aspx
  • jmuniz00
    jmuniz00 Posts: 9
    Options
    Yeah...I'm pretty sure ejec is right. A good thing you could do is add a bunch of those fresh veggies in addition to the olives and lettuce. That excludes the those syrupy peppers, though; only the fresh stuff. I usually add lettuce, tomato, onions, fresh green pepper, and cucumbers. Love the crunch! :wink:
  • cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    From what I read on their website (maybe I'm reading it wrong) but it includes cheese.

Direct from their website:

Subs with 6 grams of fat or less include wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, green peppers and olives. All other sandwich values include cheese unless otherwise noted.

Salads contain meat/poultry, standard vegetables and do not include salad-dressing or croutons.

Addition of other condiments and fixings will alter nutrition values.

Hmm, IDK though.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    No subways calories don't include Cheese or condiments if you look at the napkin it says if you add cheese you need to increase your calories- It is strickly the bread and the meat and veggies thats it
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    here in toronto...their napkins don't say anything on them but subway!
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    From what I read on their website (maybe I'm reading it wrong) but it includes cheese.

Subs with 6 grams of fat or less include wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, green peppers and olives. All other sandwich values include cheese unless otherwise noted.

Salads contain meat/poultry, standard vegetables and do not include salad-dressing or croutons.

Hmm, IDK though.

You're right. Read what you copied again. ALL OTHER sandwiches which ARE NOT the subs with 6 grams of fat or less. Like if you got a meatball sub. But Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki would be *without* cheese.
  • cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options

Hmm, IDK though.

You're right. Read what you copied again. ALL OTHER sandwiches which ARE NOT the subs with 6 grams of fat or less. Like if you got a meatball sub. But Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki would be *without* cheese.

Excuse me, my mistake. :frown:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I believe most of their cheese is 50 cals per 6inches.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options

Hmm, IDK though.

Excuse me, my mistake. :frown:

No worries! Sorry I should have included a smiley face in that post. :smile: Didn't mean to sound harsh. :ohwell:
  • Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I noticed last time we were there that my turkey sandwich was higher in cals (according to the napkin :laugh: ). They have changed things to included the cheese in the new total. There should be a notation somewhere on the site or the printed material to verify what's on it.

I just have to watch the sodium levels when we head there. Lots of extra water on those days :drinker: