Plateau.........Oh no

Shanta1983
Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
:frown: :sad: :noway: :noway: :mad: I have plateau Mfp, I was dreading the P word, The scale havent moved, Its goin on two weeks, I think I gain muscle because my legs are tighening up. And my love handles are sliming away, But still oh man, So me and my family BBQ, I splurge, I gotta shock my body .Oh No my body is use to eating low in fat now for the past three months. I dont even feel guilty about splurging as long as I didnt eat 3500 calories, I had to do it you guys, I read somewhere on here to trick my body, I dont want to splurge again, So will this one day be enough to break the plateau or what? Im so discourage why couldnt the Plateau wait until I least hit my middle mark darnit:frown: :frown:

Replies

• kbirky73
    kbirky73 Posts: 110
    I've been the same weight for over a month now .. so i feel your pain.
    You will hear to change up your workout routine ... drink more water ... eat more ...

It's all very personal and you have to do what feels right for you.

For me, I've lacked motivation to do what is necessary so i must reap what i don't do about it.

I guess the good news is ... it's NOT going up!!! Even if it stays the same, you are not going in the wrong direction.

Re-evaluate it all.

2 weeks of a totally new work-out schedule is where i plan to start ... someday!

:laugh:

GOOD LUCK!!
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    knock on wood
    i havent hit a plateu yet
    but i think its because every 4-6 weeks i tweak my eating habits or activit levels

hang in there girly!
  • Shanta1983
    I've been the same weight for over a month now .. so i feel your pain.
    You will hear to change up your workout routine ... drink more water ... eat more ...

It's all very personal and you have to do what feels right for you.

For me, I've lacked motivation to do what is necessary so i must reap what i don't do about it.

I guess the good news is ... it's NOT going up!!! Even if it stays the same, you are not going in the wrong direction.

Re-evaluate it all.

2 weeks of a totally new work-out schedule is where i plan to start ... someday!

:laugh:

oh wow I know what you mean

GOOD LUCK!!
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Shanta
    Don't be so hard on yourself. You need to give yourself a little TLC, TIME LEARNING CURVE. Like the other poster said, it is ALL personal. What may work for me may not work for you. I've plateaued now for over a month. I'm discouraged but when I think about where I've come from, I can't beat myself up. I am not the same person I was when I started this journey. You need to trust in yourself that you've learned a thing or two about yourself and that you CAN get yourself where you need to be. Be patient. You can't hurry nature. Take it slow, keep it off long.

How's the NOT smoking coming?
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    I have been the same weight for 8 weeks. I just gotta keep working out hard and hitting weights harder and it will change some day-
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta
    Don't be so hard on yourself. You need to give yourself a little TLC, TIME LEARNING CURVE. Like the other poster said, it is ALL personal. What may work for me may not work for you. I've plateaued now for over a month. I'm discouraged but when I think about where I've come from, I can't beat myself up. I am not the same person I was when I started this journey. You need to trust in yourself that you've learned a thing or two about yourself and that you CAN get yourself where you need to be. Be patient. You can't hurry nature. Take it slow, keep it off long.

How's the NOT smoking coming?

Awww you always seem to come thru when I need someone the most thanks, you right sweety, and havent smoke in 2days and 21hrs
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    I'm proud of you. You can do this. Just think of how good you're starting feel and your endurance levels should be getting better, too, huh? You'll be just fine.:drinker:
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    I was in a similar place where I wasn't losing weight, but I was losing inches. My advice is to pay more attention to your loss of inches (make sure to measure), and keep doing the right things. The scale will eventually reflect the changes you have been making.
  • Shanta1983
    I was in a similar place where I wasn't losing weight, but I was losing inches. My advice is to pay more attention to your loss of inches (make sure to measure), and keep doing the right things. The scale will eventually reflect the changes you have been making.

Aww geesh ythanks alot my friend
This discussion has been closed.