lost over 100 pounds and still hate shopping

Options
MissGorgeous
MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
:sad: :sad: :sad:

i was a size 20 or 22 when i started and naturally shopping for clothes was rough and i hated it!

well now i still hate shopping for jeans!!!!!!
the sizes are so weird

typically i wear a size 6 in womens and a size 9 in jrs
but then i tried on a size 7 in jrs and they fit a little snug...then the size 9 in jrs were too baggy
WHEN WILL I EVER BE ABLE TO FIND THE RIGHT SIZE?

im just guessing im in between sizes right now :ohwell:

maybe in a few more pounds ill know what size i am!

Replies

• Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. :heart:
  • MissGorgeous
    Options
    its so frustrating haha
    :explode:
  • kbirky73
    kbirky73 Posts: 110
    Options
    I BOW TO YOU AND YOUR SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine???

I'm a very small person though so don't let these sizes i spit out fool anyway ...

Right now .. I'm between a 3 in Juniors and a 4 in womans ...
    Yet ... I can't squeeze my upper body in a dress with no stretch material under a 9 .. so i'm about a 9/10 upper body. I buy medium tops with my tiny skirts (small .. size 3 now)

I would love to sit comfy in a 2 pants and wear a 7 dress .. body types are so different and clothes can make us feel bad if we look at the sizes.

Throw them on and look HOT no matter what the size! That's what I do! LOL

:drinker:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    That's why I buy men's jeans.:laugh: The jeans that fit me the best are an $8.00-12.00 walmart kind that I buy by waist and length. They don't work for everyone but I have a bodonkedonk butt and they fit me the best.
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Here the deal ladies.......

All these clothes are made ALL OVER THE WORLD. It's not as though there's a universal "guide" for what an American size 8 is in Vietnam, China, ........................ fill in the appropriate country that you see on your clothing label.

There's no way in he ll that they are uniform. I don't bother going by sizes any more. I'm 5' 8.5" and 145 lbs, I'll always bring a size 8 and size 10 into the changing room with me. Sometimes one fits, sometimes the other.

See, it's not us, it's them. :flowerforyou:

Edited to add...

MISS GORGEOUS fanTAStic job girl!!! Well done.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad:

i was a size 20 or 22 when i started and naturally shopping for clothes was rough and i hated it!

well now i still hate shopping for jeans!!!!!!
    the sizes are so weird

typically i wear a size 6 in womens and a size 9 in jrs
    but then i tried on a size 7 in jrs and they fit a little snug...then the size 9 in jrs were too baggy
    WHEN WILL I EVER BE ABLE TO FIND THE RIGHT SIZE?

im just guessing im in between sizes right now :ohwell:

maybe in a few more pounds ill know what size i am!

Hate to say it but never because all designers clothes fit differently. Some run small some fit just right and others are baggy- This is why we have to try on every piece of clothing and men can just grab them and leave
  • kitty_cat023
    Options
    you know, i don`t think you will ever figure that one out - for the record, i had a horrid time finding jeans once! i bought a pair that i loved so i went back to get another pair of the exact same jean, and i tried them on just to be sure first, and the same size didn`t fit at all the same. so, i tried everything under the sun, size up, down, long, regular, etc, i thought i was going crazy and i ended up buying one size 12 (same as my original pair) and one 14, they said i could return either or if it didn`t fit properly once worn. anyway, the 12`s and 14`s both fit the same in the store, and i thought i was going crazy, so when i got home, i laid them out flat, one on top of the other, and they were the exact same size!!! so - moral of the story - **** the sizes just find one that fits... :)
  • lcosta1
    lcosta1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try size 8. Difference between women's and junior sizes is the amount of "curves" you have.
  • MissGorgeous
    Options
    8 is womens and that is too big

womens is 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 18 20
    jrs are 1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15 17 19
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    8 is womens and that is too big

womens is 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 18 20
    jrs are 1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15 17 19

But it all depends on the brand- I wear a size 2 in express jeans, and a 6 in luckys! you just gotta shop around until you find the right fit (and then buy 4 pairs!!!!)
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    That's why I buy men's jeans.:laugh: The jeans that fit me the best are an $8.00-12.00 walmart kind that I buy by waist and length. They don't work for everyone but I have a bodonkedonk butt and they fit me the best.

I do the same thing. I buy men's Levi's in the waist and length, and they fit me better than women's, plus they cost less. :laugh:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Not as often but it does happen to Mens jeans as well.

I've had my biggest jeans at 42inches when the 38's didn't fit. and now back to my "norm" at 38inches.

I have 2 jeans same make 38's and fit good, little loose now.
    Another 1-2 pairs of 38's barely get them on and buttoned.

Can't wait to pull down my stack of 36inch jeans. LOL

MissGorgeous,
    Well done on your success so far, your looking great.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    The difference between juniors and women's clothing is that women's clothing is made for women who have had children. After childbirth, a women's hips are wider than they were, requiring a differnt cut of clothing than a girl's who has never had children. So yes, each designer and country and company is going to have a different cut, but take into consideration the womens vs juniors cut as well.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I can relate. When I find a brand that fits. I buy a lot of that brand! Women's clothing is not universal. A size 8 in one style is not the same as a size 8 in another style. I have been complaining about this for years.
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind too that the sizes 10 years ago do not match the sizes now. I had a favorite pair of jeans before I got pregnant with my second son and I kept them all this time. They are a size 10. I am now wearing a size six that I bought just a few months ago. I thought the other day "Hey I can get down that pair of jeans but I bet they are too big now". Well they are too small!!! SO....you can't even compare to what you wore before! Makes me crazy!

As far as hips being bigger after children...well my hips are smaller now then they were back then becasue thought I could not button the size ten it hung on me everywhere else. Go figure!

Oh and FANTASTIC JOB ON 100 LBS!!!!!
  • ilmommkc
    ilmommkc Posts: 73
    Options
    Congrats first of all!
    Secondly, try Fashion Bug's (or Lane Bryant) new sizing. I was in an 18 or so but they would never fit my butt and waist at the same time. Well they now have a new sizing chart (misses and plus) and it is sooo much easier. Good luck!

I am in some size 13 Jr's but am a 14 in womens 99% of the time.
    I am 5' 1" and weigh 158.7 (down from 195).

Underwear sizing is just as horrible! My 10's are huge, 9's (hanes and fruit of the loom) are getting baggy so I bought a pack of 8's (no boundaries) and they are MICROSCOPIC. Fit more like a 5! It's incredibly annoying!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    pickadilly-good point.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I've lost this much and I've only gone down one pant size, though its looking like that may possibly change soon.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Girl, you've lost one hundred AND FIVE pounds! :happy: Just find what looks hot and rock it!

My closet is filled with size 16 to size 20 pants, all of which fit me - though, the 20's are obviously bigger on me and the 16's obviously tighter! I think this will be an issue no matter what size anyone is. Even my husband has two different size of pants that he wears regularly!

Way to go on your success!!! :drinker:
  • MissGorgeous
    Options
    lane bryant i think smallest size is a 12 maybe?
    im wear a 6 and some 8s....i dont think i could fit any jeans from there
    but thank you anyways :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!