Body By Vi vs. Isagenix

Options
I know neither one of these is the "correct" way to loose weight but I am looking for something for a 30 day jump start to get me going. I have done the Body By Vi shakes in the past but I was looking at going to the Transformation Kit. I have a few friends doing the IsagenixI with great results. I guess the one thing that makes me nervous about the Isagenix is the "cleansing". Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• andrea_21
    andrea_21 Posts: 1
    Options
    I did Isagenix and loved the results I got! I only did the cleanse 1 day out of the 30 days. I still lost 10 pounds and 15 inches. I personally felt great after I did the cleanse. You do get to drink a berry flavored juice on the cleanse and chocolate wafers and can have an apple if you really need a snack. If your interested in trying let me know and I can help you out on that journey!!
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I actually just did some research on BBV vs isagenix. Personally, I've been doing isagenix for almost 7 weeks. I started because I was completely skeptical of what everyone was saying about it and I was out to prove it was just a scam. To my surprise, my plan backfired on me. I have lost 20 lbs and feel absolutely amazing. I have more energy now than I eer have had. It's not jittery energy or bouncing off the walls, but the need to be active. I have to be doing something! All the products are all natural. I am NEVER hungry. The cleanse days are not at all as bad as you may think and the day after, I feel, well, clean. I do six "shake days" and every seventh is a "cleanse". I'm not a huge fan of the wafers but everyone else I know loves them. You can also substitute raw almonds in the place of the wafers. I go back and forth. Also, I work in a first grade class all day then do a k-8th after school program and this is no problem on cleanse days. I am pretty zapped for energy by the end of the day. Anyways, if you want a comparison between BBV and isagenix, this site has a lot of info. http://www.isagenixhealth.net/blog/2011/07/15/which-nutritional-shake-is-really-best/

To me, BBV is a cheap knockoff trying to get a few customers who don't want to pay for a far superior product. I also like to add that I do not sell isagenix. Anyways, hope I helped!
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of the 30 day with Isagenix. I'm reporting my progress as I go. It looks sound enough, so I decided to do it and see what happens! I totally need the vitamins and minerals, and what better way to do it? I love the shakes, and do some type of nutritional shake and vitamin program when I'm really goin' for it, so this is awesome!
  • amgnixon
    amgnixon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 15 of the 30 day Isagenix Cleanse and I absolutely love it! I have never felt better in my life - energy, overall wellness, appearance, etc. I have lost 8 lbs. (4 lbs. each week) and 35 inches and I plan on maintaining with Isagenix products after my 30 days is over. The full cleanse day isn't even half as bad as I thought it would be. My appetite has definitely shrunk and I don't see myself craving food all the time. I was definitely skeptical at first but I have a great coach and I'm definitely not in the whole process to sell items - just to lose weight, feel better and get back in shape. If anyone has any questions let me know - I'm a believer!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    The only jump start you need is to just start. There are no short cuts or magic ways to do this. As for all the cleanses, the only thing they actually do for you is cleanse your wallet and give you the placebo feeling that you've been cleansed. No scientific study or evidence show they do anything for your body but help drop water (which everyone usually does when they eat right).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    The only jump start you need is to just start. There are no short cuts or magic ways to do this. As for all the cleanses, the only thing they actually do for you is cleanse your wallet and give you the placebo feeling that you've been cleansed. No scientific study or evidence show they do anything for your body but help drop water (which everyone usually does when they eat right).

agreed!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

^ I'd take this advice.

If you're not going to take this advice and you're dead set on MRPs, you could consider making your own by getting a tub of whey, throwing some food in it, blend it up, take a multi, and enjoy your $$ savings.
  • staceybrewer
    staceybrewer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do Body By Vi and have for about 5 months now. The nutrition is top notch. I am a post gastric bypass patient and my nutritionist said it was the best (out of what I showed him) for me. I need a liquid form because of my absorption issues. He does NOT recommend Isagenix. Not sure why, but he said no to that one and several others. It made me feel good to know he was ok with ViSalus. I had to give him all the information, because he was not previously aware of it. So, I know it was not because of kick backs or anything... Feel great now!
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I like the Body By Vi shakes. I don't take all the vitamins and other things that come in a kit. I just use the protein powder and I love it!
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    bump
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I actually just did some research on BBV vs isagenix. Personally, I've been doing isagenix for almost 7 weeks. I started because I was completely skeptical of what everyone was saying about it and I was out to prove it was just a scam. To my surprise, my plan backfired on me. I have lost 20 lbs and feel absolutely amazing. I have more energy now than I eer have had. It's not jittery energy or bouncing off the walls, but the need to be active. I have to be doing something! All the products are all natural. I am NEVER hungry. The cleanse days are not at all as bad as you may think and the day after, I feel, well, clean. I do six "shake days" and every seventh is a "cleanse". I'm not a huge fan of the wafers but everyone else I know loves them. You can also substitute raw almonds in the place of the wafers. I go back and forth. Also, I work in a first grade class all day then do a k-8th after school program and this is no problem on cleanse days. I am pretty zapped for energy by the end of the day. Anyways, if you want a comparison between BBV and isagenix, this site has a lot of info. http://www.isagenixhealth.net/blog/2011/07/15/which-nutritional-shake-is-really-best/

To me, BBV is a cheap knockoff trying to get a few customers who don't want to pay for a far superior product. I also like to add that I do not sell isagenix. Anyways, hope I helped!

I'm sure the above article reference is completely unbiased at the web address of www.isagenixhealth.net. :bigsmile:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

^^This
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    In_before_the_lock.jpg
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    In_before_the_lock.jpg

04qJI.gif
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    In-Before-the-Lock.gif

ibtl.gif \m/
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    jensen8.gif

in before the lock!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    In_before_the_lock.jpg
    My favorite part about these threads is immediately reporting all the MLM spammers trying to sell their crap. I hate spam.
  • tllewis16
    Options
    Isagenix is not a scam and not about a "quick fix". It is about putting good nutrients in your body and clean eating. Its not a fad or a diet - it's a lifestyle. And you are comparing the "cleansing" to other cleanses you have heard/seen/done - this is not a colon cleanse. I actually look forward to the cleanse days and have great results. I have worked out all my life and have not had the results I have had with Isagenix,. I have been doing the program for just over 3 months - I have lost more inches and weight than doing anything else! I continue to work out because I enjoy working out & am training for the 3-day cancer walk. But Isagenix has definitely made that easier - I have way more energy than ever before. I am seeing more muscle tone and results as well. I have seen changes throughout my life! Just because it isn't for you doesn't make it a scam. You've got nothing to lose by trying it - except weight & inches. :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I know neither one of these is the "correct" way to loose weight but I am looking for something for a 30 day jump start to get me going. I have done the Body By Vi shakes in the past but I was looking at going to the Transformation Kit. I have a few friends doing the IsagenixI with great results. I guess the one thing that makes me nervous about the Isagenix is the "cleansing". Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    The BEST jump start would be just to count your calories and learn what macronutrient ratio you need to reach your goal.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Isagenix is not a scam and not about a "quick fix". It is about putting good nutrients in your body and clean eating. Its not a fad or a diet - it's a lifestyle. And you are comparing the "cleansing" to other cleanses you have heard/seen/done - this is not a colon cleanse. I actually look forward to the cleanse days and have great results. I have worked out all my life and have not had the results I have had with Isagenix,. I have been doing the program for just over 3 months - I have lost more inches and weight than doing anything else! I continue to work out because I enjoy working out & am training for the 3-day cancer walk. But Isagenix has definitely made that easier - I have way more energy than ever before. I am seeing more muscle tone and results as well. I have seen changes throughout my life! Just because it isn't for you doesn't make it a scam. You've got nothing to lose by trying it - except weight & inches. :smile:
    It's a DIET PROGRAM for sale. You purchase PRODUCTS that have no scientific backing of actually doing anything more than reducing one's calorie intake.
    One doesn't have to pay to actually learn about calorie deficit. That's why MFP is here, to help count calories. For FREE.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition