Good earphones Recommends Needed

Options
Hi there,

I have standard earbuds for my itouch but they keep falling out..Can anyone recommend some great sports ones that will sound great and work great?

Thanks in advance:)

Replies

• thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I recently bought some yurbuds from E-bay ($25) and they fit well, stay in and are comfortable. The best thing is they are just covers and you can use them on other earphones. Their website is www.yurbuds.com

I should clarify for me audible quality wasn't a concern. I'm no audiophile and I was more concerned with them staying in.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I've always had great luck with Sennheiser's sport models. They aren't cheap, but they work really well, have good sound, and some models are designed to allow ambient noise in, which is really important for outdoor workouts.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I like the ones that go around your ear. I can't wear earbud because they hurt my ears and I find the ones that go in your ear a little and wrap around your ear fit well and stay in place. Also they don't interfere with my glasses, which is always a good thing. I think the ones I have are sony
  • MeRoBi
    MeRoBi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just got these on Amazon for about $20. They haven't come out of my ears yet...

MEElectronics M6-BK Sport Sound-Isolating In-Ear Headphones (Black)
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hmm maybe i need a pair for outdoor fitness and some for indoors...hubby says if i'm walking/running outside he doesn't want me to have noise cancelling ones lol
  • mfaine
    mfaine Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been using these and they've been great.

Plantronics BackBeat 903+ Headset

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00428N9OK/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00
  • pyroxian
    pyroxian Posts: 99
    Options
    I recently bought some yurbuds from E-bay ($25) and they fit well, stay in and are comfortable. The best thing is they are just covers and you can use them on other earphones. Their website is www.yurbuds.com

I should clarify for me audible quality wasn't a concern. I'm no audiophile and I was more concerned with them staying in.
    Yurbuds are available both as just the covers and with buds (which are "okay" audio quality but not fantastic). They are also available at Best Buy now.
    I own 2 pair (picked up the 2nd set on vacation when I forgot to bring the first) and love 'em to death. They stay put but don't form a total seal so I can still hear sounds around me.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    SONY MDR-EX38iP

Very comfortable (3 earbud sizes included), GREAT sound and they have full headphone remote control functionality.
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    I recently bought some Sony's from Amazon which I love. They stay put, are comfy and sound great. Sony MDR-AS20J Active Style Headphones with Soft Loop Hangers
  • terraskye
    Options

Yurbuds are available both as just the covers and with buds (which are "okay" audio quality but not fantastic). They are also available at Best Buy now.
    I own 2 pair (picked up the 2nd set on vacation when I forgot to bring the first) and love 'em to death. They stay put but don't form a total seal so I can still hear sounds around me.

which model did you get?
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I believe the iPod Touch supports Bluetooth, not sure, but if it does check out http://www.jaybirdgear.com/sb2/bluetooth-headphones-features.html
    I love mine. Wireless and sweat proof.
    $99 if your budget can stretch it?
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I have a paid of Skullcandy earbuds. They are fairly good. Not as good as my Senheiser over the ear but much lighter for walks.

If you have smaller ear canals try looking for a pair with multiple sleeves so you can find the fit that works.
  • terraskye
    Options
    Would anyone say earbuds are better/worse than the kind iwth the plastic part that goes around your ears? I have small ears which is one reason I think I'm having so many issues with the earbuds I'm using now keep falling out
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I had some sennheiser buds, which were quite cheap (~$7). But after 2 years, they finally wern't stereo anymore ;)

Picked up some Sony MDR-J10 this morning. $10, funky semi-ear buds with an around the ear holder piece. Not for everyone, but I didn't notice them when I was just out running.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    SONY MDR-EX38iP

Very comfortable (3 earbud sizes included), GREAT sound and they have full headphone remote control functionality.

Thank you for this suggestion. I've been in the market for new ear buds and after reading the reviews on Amazon, these sound perfect!
  • mfaine
    mfaine Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If you go with the non-bluetooth variety I would suggest the Sony headphones below. I also have small ears and find earbuds fall out easily.

I've bought these Sony earbuds because they seem to hold up to a lot of use but I modify them slightly by permanently attaching the foam buds. I do this by going around the pad with super glue after attaching the pads. The pad is the key to keeping them in my ear and by gluing the pads on the earbuds stay in and the pads don't ever come off. I started gluing the pads on since I find that if I don't they come off after a while and are a pain to put back on and are easy to lose. You can find these just about anywhere for $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRE828LP-SLV-Lightweight-Earbuds/dp/B0015AM30Y/ref=pd_cp_e_0

( the above look like mine but I'm not sure if this is the exact same model as what I have)

changed it to a closer version to what I have.
  • pyroxian
    pyroxian Posts: 99
    Options
    I originally bought the red & black ironman w/o the ear loops - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Yurbuds+-+Ironman+Series+Earphones+-+Black/Red/1199972.p?id=1218247978163&skuId=1199972&st=yurbuds&cp=1&lp=3
    which come with 2 sizes of silicon covers and are around $50, but the replacement set I bought were the basic black ironman ($30) - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Yurbuds+-+Ironman+Series+Headphones+-+Black/3213146.p?id=1218430892710&skuId=3213146&st=yurbuds&cp=1&lp=1
    (which worked for me even though they only come with one size of silicon - it happens to be the same size as the set that I use from the red & black pair)

which model did you get?
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I have.. Skullcandy. They are the only ones I could find that didn't fall out when I would run. :)
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    BUMP FOR LATER
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump. Need new earphones.